MyFerry

Alan D

Looks like the game is up for MyFerry. Two boats bought by Eurotunnel, Rodin and Berlioz, which were former Seafrance boats I think. DFDS is expected to take the shortfall until things are sorted out. I had absolutely no problem with MyFerry and even found the telephone service from abroad excellent. My preference was to pay upfront for 6x crossings, which being flexible fares to boot, was I think a good deal.

Seems strange these different Ferry owners can`t make it pay as they always seem busy to me , particularly with large freight.

Alan.

Shame, as most of their cargo was freight never many people on board & no screamming kids, food wasn't bad either. Last year got a return for £47 in September, also did a 24 hour crossing for £30 (needed to pick up some bits for the new van).

Now use DFDS Newhaven/Dieppe, works out cheapest for us as we are only 20 miles from Newhaven and with their 20% discount for over 60's & paying in Euro, just back from 3 weeks in France, going again in September both £112 return & saves 400 miles driving.

Just checked the on-line prices for this autumn, Lenny, and the lowest I could find is about twice what you've quoted. How did you book, sailing at what times, and when? There seem to be huge differences in price, depending on day of week and sailing times. Didn't go into the Newhaven offices, did you?

Cancelled my booking for September ,they could not tell me what was happening with my booking ,if DFDS would take it over or what .

Re booked with Dfds almost same times and port £15.00 less in price ,refund from My ferry in bank.

Brian Kirby - 2015-06-21 11:31 AM

Just checked the on-line prices for this autumn, Lenny, and the lowest I could find is about twice what you've quoted. How did you book, sailing at what times, and when? There seem to be huge differences in price, depending on day of week and sailing times. Didn't go into the Newhaven offices, did you?

Booked on phone the May/June crossing in January & outgoing September one at same time couldn't book the return in leg in Oct no timetables yet (in Jan).

Sailing times were 9:30am out, 12:30pm return, out on Tuesday return on a Thursday, last year when I book a month before for June had to pay £194.

Less than 2 weeks before we were due to go for family reasons had to change booking, was going on Tues 26th May changed to Mon 1st June, when I looked at prices I was going to go in the evening as morning crossing were a lot dearer, when I phoned them the girl said don't worry I won't charge you so whent on Mon 9:30am didn't even charge their admin fee. Also booked our return leg for Tues 26th October €79 (£57)

Archived