Rouen

derek pringle

hi all,

I wonder if anybody out there can give me some up to date info on the traffic works travelling through Rouen. We will be going that way soon and would like to know if all is sorted or if it is still a nightmare,and in which case we will sort another route.

cheers in anticipation

derek

Is this the bridge, or something else? If the bridge, do a forum search using Rouen as keyword, one year as time, and Brian Kirby as author, and you will find details of a route down the east bank of the Seine towards Evreux via Pont de l'Arche. It is quite straightforward, and avoids Rouen centre altogether. Can also be used to pick up A28 via A13. That is, assuming you are heading broadly south.

Hi passed by Rouen on my way to Le Mans with sat nav set to miss tolls on tuesday two weeks ago about 11 in the morning, no real problems. Return last monday about 1pm very heavy traffic by industrial area/rail marshaling yards. Took 30-40 mins although 80% of the cars had UK plates and Le Mans stickers on them.

Regards David

goldi - 2015-06-23 9:53 PM

Evening all, the damage to the tunnel caused by accident and fire about 18 months ago has

been repaired and the tunnel opened about a month ago . norm

I thought it was a bridge that was damaged by fire. Is this another incident in a tunnel although I passed through a tunnel about 3 months ago?

Archived