leaking taps

Dethleffs man

leaking taps  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have a problem with kitchen sink tap. in motorhome- Dethleffs advantage. Tap is single unit which you move the top lever for either hot or cold water. and tap neck moves from side to side. replaced it 14 months ago as was leaking water underneath sink. water seeping out of pigtails since thenbeeen fine. Now its leaking again, water is running and dripping from under the tap, has anyone else had similar problems? I have replaced both hoses the tap is 14 month old and the thing keeps seeping water out despite a jubilee clip being on as tight as it will go? Is there something i am missing here? it can fill a small pan overnight so something is wrong but cannot seem to rectify it. Are these taps notorious for leaks? do they need replacing every year or so? have had 12 weeks use out of it in last year with no problem but again have same problem and other than buying a new sink tap at £40 i don't know where else to look?

It may help if you can post a picture of the tap, and also of the connectors that are leaking. Some of the connectors are "stab in" type sealed by "O" rings, and require a couple of push fit pegs to lock them firm. If these pegs aren't pressed fully home with the connectors fully inserted, the water pressure, though not great, is sufficient to begin to expel the connectors. Then, they just leak, and in doing so release the surplus pressure so that the connector may remain in place, though not fully so. If the connector falls away then the problem becomes obvious - though its cause may not be.

Archived