Motor home oven

david lloyd

Guest JudgeMental
david lloyd - 2015-06-27 12:56 PM

Hi Pepe, yep tried the Cobb once - huge great thing that I didn't really get the hang of and worst of all it was a pain to clean afterwards.

Hi Judge, not just lasagne - we have a varied international diet with many meals that we just don't have at home. However, I do like to cook proper food and use the oven probably 60 - 70% of the time we are away. It's just what I am used to and enjoy doing. But, if it turns out we can't find a suitable location for something like a spindly (don't need or want a 'full' cooker) then we will still go out and enjoy our camping. The van is a Carthago 640LE.

David

Oh! lovely van :-D surprised the dealer did not offer the option as if your prepared to lose hanging space in wardrobe ( I tend to fit shelves and fold stuff, then hang elsewhere) there is room to fit above fridge at a reasonable level. tried to load pic but this site impossible....

Me I would leave it, as its a beautiful van....and look at the other options mentioned above. someone else I know has ordered one as well. came round last week to have look at our busbiker swing out bike rack

Yes it is a lovely van Judge, and, as you suggest, we have specified an oven with the dealer the preferred location being above the fridge but, if there does happen to be a problem fitting it here then we would not want to lose the extremely useful kitchen drawers, for instance, hence the searching around for a standby idea just in case. We too use folding clothes and always shelve out our wardrobe so this will present no problems for us. Can't wait to get it now - does your friend like theirs?

David

Guest JudgeMental
david lloyd - 2015-06-27 4:40 PM

Yes it is a lovely van Judge, and, as you suggest, we have specified an oven with the dealer the preferred location being above the fridge but, if there does happen to be a problem fitting it here then we would not want to lose the extremely useful kitchen drawers, for instance, hence the searching around for a standby idea just in case. We too use folding clothes and always shelve out our wardrobe so this will present no problems for us. Can't wait to get it now - does your friend like theirs?

David

sounds sensible, cant see a problem as to why it wont fit by adapting wardrobe as long as you have the width. likewise would certainly not muck about with drawer unit....

John is waiting on his as well :-D

Archived