GARMIN SAT NAV

JENIAN

Hubby uses a GARMIN but don't know which model. I'll ask. We get on OK - just have to remember to listen to the instructions and be aware what 400 feet etc. looks like ;-) Occasionally if he doesn't listen, Hubby finds himself driving along back roads because we've been 'off route' and Myrtle is finding a new one :-D

We have just bought a 310 after the price reduction. The unit seems well made, it links very quickly compared with the Navman Pin570. I am not as yet convinced the software is a slick as the Navman ie; traffic island warnings etc but am prepared to go through a learning curve. O, the first unit went faulty (software) after a week but was instantly changed by the retailer We got the 310 as our Pin570 has been replaced three times in the last 12 months due to defective power / dat connectors, which I understand is a common fault on a lot of PDAs. I have no problems with Navman or their software, just wanted something that was made better IMO

Too many visitors on their stand for me to be able to ask questions. 1, Does it allow you to put vehicle size in. 2, How clear is the speech as I suffer from acute hich frequency hearing loss. Don't want to find myself down a very narrow lane and I don't expect it will repeat if I say "Sorry missed that"

I am on the road everyday and use my pda which has tom tom installed i find it a great help no more road atlas on steering wheel with todays demanding traffic its a great aid you still need a good road atlas and common sense we should all know the way from A 2 B its when you are looking for C when the satnav is brilliant also the speed camera allerts are a must you can set the distance you want the alerts to warn you i drive a hgv and have to avoid 7.5 tonne limits but when you pass the turning the sat nav quickly re directs when set up you get distance to destination and estimated time of arrival i would miss mine if it packed up

[QUOTE]Grey Funnel - 2006-10-25 5:01 PM Too many visitors on their stand for me to be able to ask questions. 1, Does it allow you to put vehicle size in. 2, How clear is the speech as I suffer from acute hich frequency hearing loss. Don't want to find myself down a very narrow lane and I don't expect it will repeat if I say "Sorry missed that"[/QUOTE] It gives the options of car or lorry etc Speech is ok and there is adequate volume

I have used a Garmin 2720 (Nellie) for the last six months. The voice is clear and the instuctions good. Better than the previous one Streetpilot 3 De Luxe which did not name the roads by name when turning. Wish it instructed in yards instead of feet. When set to metric it does give the distances to a turning in metres. This model can be set up for different vehicles and speeds. Another improvement is that you don't have to use data cards with this model Recommended

Ive used a Tom Tom Sat Nav on a Pda for the last three years both in the camper and on the motorcycle i tow with me. I now can always find my way back to it where ever i am in Europe The new range of Tom Tom dedicated receivers are much faster processor speed and can work as a hands free with your Blue tooth connected phone. Pete

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE]JENIAN - 2006-10-25 10:52 AM I am thinking of purchasing a Garmin 310 model. Anybody any thoughts on this they'd like to share please??[/QUOTE] Been using a Garmin c330, here and in Europe, for the last 12 months. Totally reliable in operation and the latest software updates have ironed out my one criticism by including location search by postcode. Now wouldn't be without it.

Archived