LCD TV.

Wilberforce

We bought what was original sold asa Casio 10.8" multi standard flat LCD TV, and only use on Mains. Coupled with the directional Grade ariel, excellent pictures, and could also take a DVD. Now marketed under Avtex Brand, I beleive, and I see they have also marketed a slightly smaller screen version with DVD etc, although given its lower price this may not be multi standard. Only downside we find is the optimum viewing angle is less than on our previous CRT 10" (panasonic, I think) and picture tends to be rather dark if not viewing it correctly. XEcellent though and is mounted away from site oin one of the top cupboards.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason we want a multistandard TV is because we live in France and it will be helpful to our learning the language. The TV we are using in the house at the moment we brought with us from the UK so can only use this one thru the digibox. So if we are going to buy a new TV we might as well buy a multistandard one and they are very expensive over here. Went to one of the local electrical suppliers and saw a Proline LCD TV at a reasonable price but when we asked about it you couldn't use it in the UK only France, Belgium and Germany. Sylvia

Not necessarily, most of the smaller LCD TVs (15inch screens) have a transformer that reduces 240V to 12V, all you need is a 12V plug, like the other post, I have 15inch TV/DVD it costs £149 from Makro,. If you are unsure, have a look on the little box between the plug and the telly and see what the out put is, it is generally 12V

Archived