Lotus Grill

martin h

We bought one and are very pleased with it. A full charge of the charcoal basket lasts for nearly an hour and you do get full control of the heat using the fan. It is very compact and will deliver a meal fot up to 4 people. We are happy with ours! Very well made with high quality stainless steel grill.

Thanks for a useful post. Two questions

1. Do you have the original coloured Lotus or the more recent smaller all stainless model?

2. How easy is it to clean. The advert talks about cleaning it in a dishwasher which is irrelevant to most campers!

Robert

We bought the original size in grey. The drip tray virtually wipes clean but the grill needs a good scrub with a wire brush. As usual it will depend on what you baste with as to how sticky and burnt it gets. You will also need a sink large enough to get it in.

Thanks. Does the container holding the charcoal become covered in fat from the grill above for if it does I imagine it will be a nasty cleaning job. From the video I see there is a metal plate fitted to the grill over the charcoal container which is good in theory but is it effective?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
We have one and are quite pleased with it. We bought it at NEC Show last year a bit expensive but does the job. A relative ex Army Chef has one too but does not like it. You must use lump wood charcoal not briquettes. Bbqs are banned on the the Costa Brava unless gas but I think that they are safe enough as everything is enclosed. We did not bring it with us because of this ban viva Espana.

Archived