printer problems

donna miller

I need a bit of help from you computer experts. My old printer was getting a bit tempremental so I decided to change it for one of these new 'smart' printers, it's got its own email address and is fully wireless. However when I print off a .GIF file, it prints the picture perfectly but the picture doesn't move.

Do I need to alter settings because I updated my laptop and am now running Windows 8.1?

Thanks in advance.

It's not a problem your not doing it right. After you've printed the picture just stare realy hard at it and concentrate for enough time and it will move, honest!

Typical being a bird you can't be expected to understand these things!

I'm safe being as you don't know what I look like you can't hit me though if my wife reads this she'll probably do it for you!

donna miller - 2015-06-28 7:34 PM

I need a bit of help from you computer experts. My old printer was getting a bit tempremental so I decided to change it for one of these new 'smart' printers, it's got its own email address and is fully wireless. However when I print off a .GIF file, it prints the picture perfectly but the picture doesn't move.

Do I need to alter settings because I updated my laptop and am now running Windows 8.1?

Thanks in advance.

Check that the new printer supports Windows 8.1, and have a look at the support page for the printer to see if there are any updated drivers. Not quite sure what you mean by 'the picture does not move'. Where?, How? etc Also have a look at the Forum for the printer Company maybe there are solutions there. Also does it work with other picture files such as jpeg etc?

Dave225 - 2015-06-30 9:12 PM

Thanks in advance.

Check that the new printer supports Windows 8.1, and have a look at the support page for the printer to see if there are any updated drivers. Not quite sure what you mean by 'the picture does not move'. Where?, How? etc Also have a look at the Forum for the printer Company maybe there are solutions there. Also does it work with other picture files such as jpeg etc?

Are you making fun of me Dave? Of course I checked the drivers. For example, I printed off the GIF that MelB uses as her avatar, you know the little yappy dog thing. But when I printed it it doesen't move, it just sits there.

Guest frankie640

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe it. (lol)

donna miller - 2015-06-30 9:19 PM

Thanks in advance.

Are you making fun of me Dave? Of course I checked the drivers. For example, I printed off the GIF that MelB uses as her avatar, you know the little yappy dog thing. But when I printed it it doesen't move, it just sits there.

Absolutely not. I only made the suggestion as I found one of my printers would not work with 8.1. On checking I discovered it hd been set up for XP but the maker had not bothered to update the drivers. OK, it was an older model but still worked fine. Eventually I found that a Vista driver was sufficiently updated to allow it to work with 8.1. As for avatars, you have left me in another world there. Again I suggest any forum that looks at the printer maker's products to see if there is anything there. Apart from that the only other thing I would try is to uninstall the whole thing and try again, just in case a little dll file has not done its job somewhere. The other suggestion is if you have another computer to load it there and try. Just try to get to the source of the problem, and then find the solution.

Just to be helpful Donna do you remember those pictures that used to be all the rage that looked like a jumble of dots and shapes but that resolved themselves into pictures if you stared at the long enough or are you to young to remember those? Well your printed files work in the same way just concentrate realy hard on the prints for some time and they will move. I suggest you start off with something simple like a little barking dog and work your way up. I do hope,this helps.

Guest frankie640
Dave225 - 2015-07-01 12:50 PM

donna miller - 2015-06-30 9:19 PM

Thanks in advance.

Absolutely not. I only made the suggestion as I found one of my printers would not work with 8.1. On checking I discovered it hd been set up for XP but the maker had not bothered to update the drivers. OK, it was an older model but still worked fine. Eventually I found that a Vista driver was sufficiently updated to allow it to work with 8.1. As for avatars, you have left me in another world there. Again I suggest any forum that looks at the printer maker's products to see if there is anything there. Apart from that the only other thing I would try is to uninstall the whole thing and try again, just in case a little dll file has not done its job somewhere. The other suggestion is if you have another computer to load it there and try. Just try to get to the source of the problem, and then find the solution.

You don't get it Dave...........She's joking about the GIF not moving. :D

Its one of windoze "Features" that is not in th handbook.

You have to print about 20 images, line them up rather like tickets in a raffle boot and staple the end away from the picture

Then ""flick" the pages and the image moves.

Simples

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman
Jayden009 - 2015-07-19 3:18 PM

Brian Kirby - 2015-06-28 5:35 AM

That's only in the Harry Potter films, Donna. :-D

Hi Sir, Harry Potter film is my favorite one. in which part???

Its probably a bit before your time ;-) ..........But our Brian has form for causing trouble with printers *-) ................

What him and his mate Will Caxton got up to is nobodies business 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2015-07-19 6:12 PM

Its probably a bit before your time ;-) ..........But our Brian has form for causing trouble with printers *-) ................

Ah!! is that the same Caxton guy that print's a kind of credit card where you load it up with euro's then watch it sink?

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2015-07-19 6:48 PM

pelmetman - 2015-07-19 6:12 PM

Ah!! is that the same Caxton guy that print's a kind of credit card where you load it up with euro's then watch it sink?

Dave

That'll be down to the small print ;-) ..........See.... Brian and his mate has a lot to answer for :D .......

I've only watched one or two of the films, and couldn't begin to remember which! I noticed that when a scene includes someone reading a newspaper, the pictures in the paper are moving images and not stills. As a fan, you must have noticed this?

Archived