rear view camera autotrail savannah

w1ntersun

Hi and thank you in advance.

My rear view camera doesn,t work. I need to check if I have 12v at the camera end to confirm this. How can i remove the cover. It is sealed in with sikaflex. I have removed all I can but some is still behind the panel and inaccessable.

All is Ok at the cab end ie radio screen so I think it is the camera. Should I just break the cover and replace it with a new one ??? cover is around £60

I never use the camera as the bikes are in the way but I wish to sell the van

Richard

I removed this cover to fit my twin camera setup, you Need a long bladed sharp knife to gently cut through

the sealant, it can be done without breaking it, but you have to be very careful and not force it.You will need to disassemble the camera as the cable is sealed into it. Good luck Ray.

I managed to remove and 'rework' the rear camera panel, with a 'Dremel ' grinding tool ,I enlarged the hole for the camera lenses, to accommodate a twin camera unit ,which works all the time ignition is switched on, far more convenient than the original set up.Resealed the panel back in with Sikaflex looks as good as it did originally. There is a relay behind the dashboard on the passenger side, that stops the reversing camera working Unless reverse gear is selected, I removed this relay and found an ignition based power source. THIS relay may be cause of your lack of power to the rear camera ! let us know how you get on.Ray

I have the same experience with my friend,s.

we just put some alcohol and gently open the cover, its internal connection was intermetent, after freshing the point again close. now it is working and packed like before. Thanks.

Archived