Anyone own a Eura Mobil 570 HS?

motorhomeninja

This year will see retirement in, my long suffering wife and I will both be 61. We are on our second motorhome but are looking to change to what we think will be right for us on extended touring in Europe. We want a rear lounge and my head says German manufacture, the Eura Mobil 570 fits the bill in not being too big - only 5.99 metres. Only problem is I can't find one to look at in the UK. Anyone out there with this model who wouldn't mind a visit - swap for a meal out! (We live in Suffolk). Thanks, Graham.

Guest JudgeMental

The terrestrra a nice range of vans. Not sure re Layout on that particular model as the overcab bed does not appeal. Plus high tops suffer from buffeting on the road and poor fuel consumption. There is a good euramobil dealer in Belgium, as competitive as Germany and far more convenient if you have issues and for yearly damp checks. PM me for details.

If in the market for a new van its worth a weekend at dusseldorf show which is on end of August...

Eddie

Sound advice from Eddie to try and get to the Dusseldorf Show if you fancy a German van. I've always fancied a EuraMobil but availability and ease of owning in the UK are against me. Oaktree Motorhomes in Nottingham occasionally have a EuraMobil. Bundesvan [in the UK] could probably import one for you if you prefer someone else does the legwork for you.

More importantly, the missus does not want to sleep in an overcab bed, especially on the inside with all the clambering about that's required. That's what put us off the 570 when we looked at it three years ago. Think about how long you intend owning the van and how physically able you will remain to cope with the overcab bed.

The Hymer 544 has a drop down bed at the front - slightly easier than an overcab bed - and a spacious front/mid van lounge. Getting pricier every year and especially now as Hymer are pushing it further upmarket but good second hand ones are about.

Warners have a show on in Norwich later this month. You're unlikely to find a EuraMobil there, although there should be some choice of German vans.

But back to your request, I can't help you viewing. Sorry.

Guest JudgeMental
will never understand a couple in there 60's looking at hightop beds :-D we had one when we had the children as wanted to keep length reasonable as needed 4 beds. Low profiles far easier to own and drive in every respect...... if you must have a short 6 m van I would look at a hymer exsis 414 A class

Yep you could well be right, we're just exploring the possibilities. There are not many rear or front lounge versions about - perhaps that says something. At the moment we have an 06 plate Burstner Elegance, it is the small 6m version with a drop down bed. This was chosen as it gives a bit of floor space for the dogs! It is fine for one person to lounge in on the side seat but I don't find the captains seats great for lounging in for any length of time, fine to drive in for several hours. If anyone has a solution to making cab seats comfortable to lounge in please post it. We don't think any dinette will be comfortable - unless you know different. If the weather is good this is not a problem on camp sites as we are outside on our camping chairs but on aires or bad weather we are in the van. We have only recently spent more than a few weeks away in the van and it highlighted the issue of comfortable lounging. We are going to several shows coming up and I think Dusseldorf is on the cards. Thanks for the input. Graham.

motorhomeninja - 2015-07-11 7:23 AM

This year will see retirement in, my long suffering wife and I will both be 61. We are on our second motorhome but are looking to change to what we think will be right for us on extended touring in Europe. We want a rear lounge and my head says German manufacture, the Eura Mobil 570 fits the bill in not being too big - only 5.99 metres. Only problem is I can't find one to look at in the UK. Anyone out there with this model who wouldn't mind a visit - swap for a meal out! (We live in Suffolk). Thanks, Graham.

The layout you want will be a rare find in continental vans, and much more common in UK made vans. Might you be better off looking for a well reputed UK made van, say an Auto-Sleeper or an Auto-Trial?

There's a Rapido 9094df that looks to give the layout you want, but it's 7.4 metres long. Also the Hymer DuoMobil, at 7.8 metres long. Is there a particular reason for wanting a 6.0 metre van?

Archived