Roll out awnings

Knaus

I had one fitted and watched the process. Nerve wracking as they measured up the inside and outside, chose the best place and then drilled through the wall.

I wouldn't want to do it myself, find an expert.

"If you think a professional is expensive, an amateur could cost a lot more"

Knaus - 2015-07-19 4:52 PM

Hi has anyone fitted their own omnistor or fiamma roll out awning. We have a 2015 Chausson Welcome 510. I understand that Fiamma awnings are heavier than other makes.

I would seriously consider the need, as opposed to the "want" for an awning. we are on our 4th van and each has had an awning fitted when purchased. It is my least used accessory. Given the choice I would not buy one, as the amount of use they have had is so small.

Yes use an expert but why do you need one? mine has only been used a few times in 4 years if its to windy you will get lots of problems, also dependent on the make and length they are about 1kg per metre which is a lot of extra weight if you don't have sufficient payload mine ads 46kgs to the weight of my van something I would not put on but it was put on by the owner I bought from

I don't use ours that often, but I probably would buy one again if we changed MHs because they can be invaluable.

Only usually worthwile when you are on a site for a day or three, rather than touring and overnighting as you go. Invaluable as a sunshade when it's hot and as a rain shelter over the door when it's raining.

Using a tie-down strap and a central bent rafter stops puddling with rain and means you can leave it up without wory except perhaps in a full gale.

They do get bird dropping on them, or leaves and other detritus, so you do have to check and clean them off before putting away.

Archived