Chanson 610

Den

its great to see the MH we ordered receiving first place and the test in the Mmm mag.

But I'd like to add a couple of points.

The step is high , very high and fitting an electric step I'm told is not easy, the base of the step is plastic.

Anyone with any knee problem beware.

They mention the bed squeaks when traveling. I've tried to make it quiet and failed so far. It's a pain.

Rattles wise, I'd like to cut the rear end off.

The bed is comfy with the welcome pack, it's worth every penny.

It's probably the most vocal MH I've owned.

When on site it's pretty good, but I can't see how it took first place.

Den - 2015-07-21 5:56 PM

...When on site it's pretty good, but I can't see how it took first place.

Details of the 2015 Motorhome Awards are here

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Awards

and the reasons that resulted in the Chausson Flash 610 being judged “Motorhome of the Year” are summarised here

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Information/The-Motorhome-Awards-2015-winner

I must say I was quite taken with the review, and went to see one. I like the low setting of the drop down bed, plus the ability to gain another bed by setting it higher. I like the washroom facilities, and the "easy access" garage storage.

It's a van I might return to in a couple of years, once someone else has dealt with the squeaks and rattles, and seemingly inevitable snagging issues.

And once the biggest chunk of depreciation is history. :-D

(OTOH, over the next 2 years lots of other vans will appeal and when I come to change, I'll be as confused as always.)

Den - 2015-07-21 5:56 PM

its great to see the MH we ordered receiving first place and the test in the Mmm mag.

But I'd like to add a couple of points.

The step is high , very high and fitting an electric step I'm told is not easy, the base of the step is plastic.

Anyone with any knee problem beware.

They mention the bed squeaks when traveling. I've tried to make it quiet and failed so far. It's a pain.

Rattles wise, I'd like to cut the rear end off.

The bed is comfy with the welcome pack, it's worth every penny.

It's probably the most vocal MH I've owned.

When on site it's pretty good, but I can't see how it took first place.

Could it just possibly have been the power of the advertiser? or maybe just buggins turn. Whatever happened to the MMM lovefest with IH?

We have a 610 Flash. My wife has knee problems and with the use of a stand alone step entry is no problem for her, when on the road the step goes in the garage. As for the bed ours does not squeak.

There are the usual rattles from the small metal plates on the hob but that seems to be fairly common and is easily cured with a towel when travelling. There is a rattle from the window blinds which is from the fly screen rattling against the blind, if the blind and the screen are set at slightly different heights this cures the problem.

Generally the drive is quiet probably the best of the three motorhomes we have owned.

Could it just possibly have been the power of the advertiser? or maybe just buggins turn. Whatever happened to the MMM lovefest with IH?

Nope. Advertisers have nothing to do with it. The assessment team looked at everything on offer in each category to produce winners, then compared the winners and the value they offered to come up with overall winner. It's only at that point that the ad team gets told the results and are asked to sell against them.

Incidentally, we now have a 610 on long term loan (as well as a Hymer ML-I 580), so monthly reports will appear in sister title Which Motorhome, detailling what a variety of different testers thought about it. Including whether the bed squeaks.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 610 Flash with a Ford Cab after watching a video of this years awards, We viewed dozens of Motorhomes prior to watching the video - I trusted the experts should know their market- , we hired a much more expensive Wingham for two weeks, it had many design faults I could not understand.

The interior design of the 610 is very clever, I was concerned during the hire of the Wingham that we may run out of gas when operating the heating, no such worries with the 610 , the heating runs off the vehicles diesel as well as the gas, We have had a couple of squeaks from the window blinds/fly screen touching each other, setting them at different heights resolved this - its small enough to drive into town - has ample garage space with three openings, a great shower/clothing cupboard/toilet area . I agree the step up is quite high - we bought a small step , and store in the garage, the bed is great , no squeaks, it is our first motorhome and a great introduction.

Archived