Diesel In Water Tank

noble1

Although one might gain the impression from Mark’s original posting that the diesel-in-the-water incident occurred very recently, his comments on another forum thread (also inquiring about a company’s legal justification in doing something he is unhappy about) suggest that this is probably not the case.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/REMIS-BLINDS/38969/#M469536

Derek - just to reiterate the incident regarding our diesel in the water tank occurred in mid June , I have since bought a MH ( as I wrote based on our experience we bought with confidence) - the reason I asked the question now is because the hirers at no time mentioned the issue - we only realized our excess had not been refunded in July when we received our credit card statement - the hirers have still not shown us any paperwork nor have they confirmed their outlay or loss, they claim eventually (after several unreturned voicemails ) that the tank required to be replaced, my question to the forum was simply to establish whether or not this would be the case, I have no experience in this field, and the information I have received has proven to be enlightening.

We now understand the tank may indeed require replacing, we accept this, its the complete lack of dialogue we found strange.

Mark

I am very happy to report that common sense has prevailed - we have reached a sensible conclusion to the innocent mistake, I very much doubt (as a result of the new measures now been undertaken by the hire company) that any new motorhome hirer will be able to make the same mistake. Separate locking cap with key kept inside + new WATER signs on the inlet.

A family business I am now happy to recommend to others.

Just last night we came across a young couple on the aire we were on having trouble emptying their waste tank, as we were the only other van there they asked for our help. In broken French and English were understood they wanted to empty the waste tank but hardly anything came out, on asking why they said they thought that that may have put some diesel in by mistake. They were absolutely aghast when I pointed out that the 15 litres of diesel was in the fresh water tank and that it was ruined, to make matters worse they then drained the tank into the Bourne, polluting it thinking they could just clean it out. They were on the 2nd day of a three week holiday in the girlfriends fathers two year old van, poor buggers!

gocro - 2015-08-04 4:44 PM

..They were absolutely aghast when I pointed out that the 15 litres of diesel was in the fresh water tank and that it was ruined......//........ They were on the 2nd day of a three week holiday in the girlfriends fathers two year old van, poor buggers!

Oooh! the girlfriend's father's van!?...As you say, "poor buggers!".. 8-)

..it certainly puts filling 50p's worth into a hire van into perspective... :-S

Archived