Replacing Seitz sliding window

mikemelson

Hi,

I need to replace the broken Seitz sliding window unit in the door of my 2004 A/S Symbol van conversion.

I am fortunate to have been given one from a 2010 Duetto which is exactly the same, but removing the old unit looks a daunting task.

Someone, sometime, somewhere must have performed this operation.

Anyone out there been there, done that?.

Any advice gratefully received, Mike. (?)

I replaced a window in a VW campervan which had a rubber seal around it.

I pushed the old window out from the inside by using foot power. Then used a piece of cord to insert the new window in the existing rubber surround.

If you've had it given, wouldn't it be worth having it fit professionally rather than making a b*****r of it and costing more in long run? If you take window and van to an Autoglass depot they will do it for you for a small charge. In my opinion this would be a lot better and safer than trying to do it yourself if you feel it's a 'daunting' task

Failing that I believe the only way to get them in and sealed is by using Parachute Cord but it's not easy.

Mike

I could change the sliding window for you, or explain how to do it, if you have a replacement, but exchanging the whole frame and window assembly is a huge job that should not be necessary. Normally just the double skin sliding window needs exchanging.

Archived