Motorhome Surveyor

RonB

I am having to resort to the courts to have issues with our motorhome resolved and need the services of a surveyor, experienced in motorhomes, for an independent report. Unfortunately, they appear to be thin on the ground and so far I have not been able to locate one. I would be very grateful for any help on this one - the nearer to Kent the better. Ron

Ron Sorry to hear of your problems. As you say Motorhome surveyors are few and far between. You have not said what your problems are but I would suggest isolating them to either vehicle side or caravan side and go for an expert in one of these fields. Good luck Docted

[QUOTE]RonB - 2006-10-29 4:49 PM I am having to resort to the courts to have issues with our motorhome resolved and need the services of a surveyor, experienced in motorhomes, for an independent report. Unfortunately, they appear to be thin on the ground and so far I have not been able to locate one. I would be very grateful for any help on this one - the nearer to Kent the better. Ron[/QUOTE] Ron, Why don't you contact George Collings of MMM interchage he might know of one. mmm.editor@warnersgroup.co.uk Don

It may be too far for you, but I got Autovan in Wimborne, Dorset to assess damp in my last vehicle in a dispute with the dealer that sold it to me. As they do not sell motorhomes or caravans they are not biased (they do repairs and upgrades). You may have someone similar closer to you that would be worth contacting.

Simon I have thought along those lines but came to the conclusion that these persons often do a lot of work for dealers and would not like to compromise their position. Brian Your right, but again I think it would be better to find a totally independent source first. I think that they are about. Thanks anyway.

Ron

I think you're being a bit unkind to Mr Wickersham in assuming he would be swayed as you suggest.  However, if you want an expert, and it seems you do, I think he'd be your boy, if he were willing.  I think I'd therefore be inclined to see what, if anything, he may be able/prepared to do, before giving up on him.  Wth him on your side you may get your dispute settled before it gets to court, and that could be quite a saving.

Brian

Brian Forgive me if I gave you the impression that I thought John Wickersham would be swayed in his judgement as nothing could be further from the truth. I am wellI aware of John's standing and have three of his books to prove it. My thoughts on the subject were these. You will know that John is a regular contributor of articles to the Motorhome press. I would therefore not wish to put him in the position of slamming a dealer/manufacturer in open court and thereby drawing the wrath of magazine publishers who are supported by the self same dealer/manufacturer. You might feel that I am being cynical about this but I know from experience that these things happen in business for a lot less. On the other hand surveyors, by and large, do not write for the motorhome press. Secondly, the faults with the vehicle are very plain to see and only need varification by a qualified person. To drag someone all the way from Somerset, where I believe John lives, for this is rather over the top if I can avoid it by finding someone nearer. Michaelle - sorry I cannot comment at this time. Whew!

Guest Ade & Suze
Ron, I was very close to buying a MC in Aberdeen recently and living in Birmingham area posed the obvious problems. I searched around and found these people the only ones who seemed compitent indipendant inspectors who could do both the vehicle and habitation areas with a national network of engineers. Full pre purchase inspection on a 23ft MC was £250. I can't comment on the standard of work as in the end we bought from a dealer (for other reasons) but they did send me a sample of a MC report done for someone else (exact vehicle and customer details deleted of course) that looked comprehensive. I had a good chat with one of their engineers and he said that a lot of their work was inspections regarding disputes, both on second hand and new vehicles!! Take a look they may be able to help. http://www.lattura.com/ Ade

Archived