spanish campings

fesspark

We stayed for 8 yrs at los alcazarus but the camp site was closed for hopefully building, the crash came.so nothing came of it, I have heard this year that they are opening an aires type campsite on the old market site . Does anyone have knowledge of this ?Its a beautiful area on the Mar Menor north of La manga Fesspark.

Los Alcazares at Murcia airport? We wildcamped earlier this year, olong with many other, at a spot just on entry to town. The camp site, opposite the airport terminal, was open and showed no sign of closing. Is this the same place?

There was a hand painted sign at a large fenced area that may have been a market requesting it by made into an Aires, but no work. Will find out later this year.

The mar menor campsite at the end of los javier airport has been there for years but I heard that the aires was to be built on the old market carpark . thank you for your info; if you find out any more please let me know via this web inbox, regards Fesspark p.s very grateful

I am unaware of an Aires in Los Narjejos just a large wild camping area. Travelling from the north as you enter Los Narejos turn left at the first roundabout and about 300m down on left. You can't miss it.

Waste water is disposed down a sewer manhole. We purchased fresh water but you can get a tank full at the petrol station In Los Alcazers just down the road.

sshortcircuit - 2015-08-02 5:11 PMI am unaware of an Aires in Los Narjejos just a large wild camping area. Travelling from the north as you enter Los Narejos turn left at the first roundabout and about 300m down on left. You can't miss it.Waste water is disposed down a sewer manhole. We purchased fresh water but you can get a tank full at the petrol station In Los Alcazers just down the road.
OK thanks SS will look out for that one next time there Malc.

GPS co-ordinates (lat - long). Does N37.76164 W0.83033 help at all? It is by a small park in a residential area, off Avienda Radiobaliza Oscar, along either Calle Barlovento or Paseo del Gonio.

From Avienda Radiobaliza Oscar, Google streets shows quite a few vans in roadside parking areas along both roads, but taking it up either shows no vans at all. It does not give the impression of being an official stopover, just land that has had roads laid out for development but not yet fully developed. However, no further development seems to have taken place since 2002. Latest images from 2012, so may have changed in past three years. Seems to be right under the approach to the local airport! For ss's directions you'd need to approach on road F34, from the airport.

If coming from AP7, leave at junc 786, SP Los Alcazares, and proceed across AP7 to roundabout. Take second right from roundabout, under a painted arch, onto Avienda Justo Quesada and then straight on to second roundabout. Straight on at second roundabout will take you onto Avienda Radiobaliza Oscar. It is then on your left in 600 yards.

There are no signs of any development taking place and in view of the current economic climate and the massive over provision, not likely to happen for some time.

The area used is a wild camping area apparently ignored by the police at the time of year when we were there. The residential area is like a ghost town out of season and I am sure the local business benefit from the wild campers trade. An aerial photograph shows a large number of MHs which have been counted at 150+ although when we stayed it was not to that capacity.

It is at the end of the runway, however, out of season, not many commercial flights but it is the base for the Spanish equivalent of the Red Arrows and you get a daily display of them practicing which is very entertaining.

Is the information on this link relevant?

http://www.campercontact.com/fr/espagne/murcia-30/los-alcazares/30453/aire-de-camping-car-camping-mar-menor.aspx

GPS coordinates are provided and there are a couple of February 2015 comments at the foot of the webpage. (I note that there is a caveat saying "This site has just increased price 25 March to 10euros with electricity. Don't follow sat nav co-ordinates you'll end up in Murcia Airport. Turn off before airport roundabout coming from the North and follow perimeter fence. Little noise from Airport.”)

Archived