Dangerous Driving by Trucks and Buses ??

HymerVan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peter James - 2015-08-08 10:15 PM

StuartO - 2015-08-07 10:23 AM

yesterday a bus driver held me, and lots of other people, up repeatedly by waiting at each bus stop just waiting, presumably because of his timetable. On double yellow lines too. I wondered if he was committing an offence by waiting (rather than stopping simply to set down or pick up) but he obviously didn't give a bugger about anyone else. .

What would you have said if you had arrived at the bus stop on time to catch the bus and found he had left early. 'What a considerate bus driver, he didn't want to cause an obstruction by waiting at the bus stop' *-)

The problem for other road users arises because bus stops are often located in places (eg close to junctions or roundabouts or on double yellow lines) where a real nuisance is caused if a bus stands there for longer than necessary. These are bus stops for setting down passengers or picking them up, not bus parking places.

Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2015-08-14 5:14 PM

Peter James - 2015-08-08 10:15 PM

StuartO - 2015-08-07 10:23 AM

yesterday a bus driver held me, and lots of other people, up repeatedly by waiting at each bus stop just waiting, presumably because of his timetable. On double yellow lines too. I wondered if he was committing an offence by waiting (rather than stopping simply to set down or pick up) but he obviously didn't give a bugger about anyone else. .

What would you have said if you had arrived at the bus stop on time to catch the bus and found he had left early. 'What a considerate bus driver, he didn't want to cause an obstruction by waiting at the bus stop' *-)

The problem for other road users arises because bus stops are often located in places (eg close to junctions or roundabouts or on double yellow lines) where a real nuisance is caused if a bus stands there for longer than necessary. These are bus stops for setting down passengers or picking them up, not bus parking places.

Your forgetting that only certain bus stops are on the time table ;-) ...........

So if the driver arrives at that stop early, he has no option but to sit there until the allotted time, or risk a reprimand :-| ...........

From an ex driver point of view, I got more grief from arriving late than early :D ............

Archived