loos

barrie w

morning all ! does anyone know the viability & possibility of adding i water resevoir to a thetford bench loo, instead of taking the water from the main tank. also has anyone any advice re addatives as we have to be careful what we put into our fosse septique.elsan is a no go & thetford green has a terrible pong !!any ideas sylvia ? (?)

[QUOTE]barrie w - 2006-10-30 9:01 AM morning all ! does anyone know the viability & possibility of adding i water resevoir to a thetford bench loo, instead of taking the water from the main tank. also has anyone any advice re addatives as we have to be careful what we put into our fosse septique.elsan is a no go & thetford green has a terrible pong !!any ideas sylvia ? (?)[/QUOTE] I thought the bench loos had a separate reservoir, it's the swivel type that don't. Don

Sorry Barry, but we have only just bought our motorhome. When we used to caravan and used 'Green' fluids this was either Thetford or we found some green sachets, I can't remember their name but they were excellent. You just dropped a sachet in the waste tank and hey presto. Now I noticed when we picked our motorhome up from the dealers in Bordeaux that there were tins of a green sachet but what they are like I don't know. We will have the same problem as you as we have a fosse septique and have to be careful not to kill the bacteria. I will look into this and see what I can find. Sylvia

I would like to take the opportunity to sing the praises of the SOG toilet conversion. No need for chemicals or additives of any type (so called Green or otherwise). http://www.outdoorbits.com/product_info.php/products_id/26 :-) ;-)

Not likeing the smell of the blue stuff I came across some satchets sold in my local motorhome store. Its called Kemdirect and can be emptied into septic tanks, heres what they say on their website - Kemdirect toilet additive is safe for the environment, the sewage treatment plant and YOU. Main ingredient is an oxygen providing mineral. Secondly we used an ingredient that neutralizes sulphur containing odorants like hydrogen sulphide (rotten eggs) and mercaptans (rotten cabbage). Thirdly the pH is regulated to keep other odorants (like ammonia) dissolved in the water. Because the degradation, say composting, already starts in the holding tank less oxygen (energy) is needed during the waste treatment process. The aerobic composting bacteria are stimulated. We did not add any strong fragrances (VOC's) or (often poorly biodegradable) dyes I have seen it for sale at several shows and being packaged in satchets its so much easier to use. You can use it in either type of thetford too heres the website http://www.kemdirect.nl/english_ta.htm

[QUOTE]madguy4 - 2006-10-30 3:16 PM Hi All. i have a Thetford cassette loo and even though i keep it as clean as possible..when im driving with the window open i can smell a stale toilet smell but not when the window is closed.... Any ideas ??????[/QUOTE] Keep the window closed.......... :D *-)

Hi, We learnt at school that in ancient London, they emptied the gozunda (goes under the bed) out the window into the street. Neighbourhood friendy people would shout the warning "Garde l'eau".....mind the water. This got abreviated to "L'eau", and eventually "Loo". Or it could be an urban myth. 602

• 2 weeks later...
Barry W Sorry this reply took so long but I have just received an email from Fiamma as follows:- Dear Mrs. Wilkinson, we confirm you that is possible to discharge our Super Kem into a Fosse Septique. We remain at your disposal for further information. Best Regards, Sara Monica Tel + (39) 0331 267106 Fax + (39) 0331 263777 fiamma.com service@fiamma.it

Archived