swift sundance 600fb

blackham1565

We intend to buy our first used motorhome and the swift sundance 600fb fiat Ducato 2. 4 seems to fit our requirements. We only need a 2 birth and a fixed bed suits us. We are limited to six metres length so that it can be parked on our drive at home

We would welcome any comments or advice regarding this van or any alternatives. Thanks

Probably a 2.3 and a tad over 6m. The Sundance was Swift's budget range and sold well. Damp was an issue for some so make sure you get a damp check. However, a dry Sundance will be a cost effective entry into enjoyable motorhoming. Make sure the fixed bed does suit you because if I recall, the fixed bed tapers at the foot and is actually quite narrow if you are tall people. Having to clamber over each other can be a disadvantage. Also, access to the washroom is restricted if you are somewhat portly.

Make sure everything works as it should and check the vehicle history to ensure it has been properly maintained and has been used rather than left standing for long periods of time.

I presume you have no property covenants that prohibit parking on the drive and you are satisfied such a vehicle will not alienate your neighbours [unless you want to do!].

On the Out & AboutLive website there is plenty of advice and guidance for people entering motorhoming so make sure you read the information.

Personally I'd also look at Panel Van Conversions. Most of these will be 6m, slightly narrower and don't all come in white. Fixed beds are less common in older PVCs but an easy solution is to use Duvalay bedding. Making up a bed doesn't take too long.

We have a Sundance 590RS Had it 10 years now. Suits us well. It does not have a fixed bed, except for the over cab, which is in fact very comfortable, but we are getting too old now, to climb up/down at night, so find it very useful storage.(Bedding etc. Think about being in the van when the weather is inclement ! Personally we prefer to make up single beds , and it takes 5 mins to do. 6 mtrs is plenty of room to move around in, but not with a fixed bed, taking up a lot of space. I prefer the end kitchen , as it keeps the cooking area away from the sleeping. (Personal choice, of course) When looking at vans , pretend to live in it, on a rainy day!! i think that helps to work out space.

As has been said, look for damp (floor) ours was replaced by Swift, and a very good job they did too.

PJay

We have an Auto-Trail excel 600, 6m long and with a fixed french bed. The bathroom/ toilet is compact so I would think it similar to the sundance. We have been on 8 trips so far and love it. An AirAwning is a great addition as another room.

The french bed is very comfortable with the purpose made mattress instead of the harder bench seat cushions. the person sleeping on the short side,(me), drops legs over the side and the better half slides down the bed, so there is no need to clamber over each other. we find it works for us.

The bathroom toilet in our MH is compact but you get used to it.

We would like more kitchen worktop space but we can always put the table up if needed, and we normally eat in the awning.

Archived