Halfords prices internet vs retail. Check first!!

jb6981

Went onto the Halfords website to price some Continental 26 inch mountain bike inner tubes, price very reasonable £2.99 each. I did not bother with click and collect as they were showing in stock at my my nearest branch.

Drove over to my local branch, found said items on display, astonished to see them priced at £6.99.

Took 2 boxes over to the bike counter and asked why they were £6.99. No problem, I was told, we will do a price match you can have them for the web site price.

So I got 2 inner tubes for £5.98, if I had not checked the website or queried the price, I would have ended up paying £13.98.

So check the online price before you go shopping!! Euro Car Parts also have cheaper web prices. (relevant thread for this site, a lot of motorhome owners have bikes.)

Guest Peter James
jb6981 - 2015-08-10 5:46 PM

So I got 2 inner tubes for £5.98

8-) You was robbed.

I get mine from Poundland, same as packs of bulbs - they would be a tenner in Halfords :D

Also if you regularly buy cycling equipment or planning on purchasing a bike, join British Cycling first. You get 10% off, even sale items as well as their regular 3 for 2 offers. Meant to be off bike stuff but you can pretty well get it off everything. I think it costs around £20 from memory

Archived