parking at eurotunnel

John swift

does anyone know if they allow motorhomes to park at tesco,s near the eurotunnel i have heard its ok if you arrive after 10pm its just we are traveling down from manchester the night before our crossing and useualy park in the car park at eurotunnel but been told they dont allow this anymore

please can you advise best way

cheers john

Don't know about other Tesco stores in the Dover/Folkstone area but the one close to Dover just off the A2 has a three hour limit (and a £75 charge beyond that) managed by ANPR cameras.

An option I spotted (but haven't actually tried) is to use the car park for checking in animals at the Folkstone terminal, which is on the right just before the check in booths. Pull in there late evening once its quiet and you would probably be perfectly OK. I didn't see any signs limiting parking.

John swift - 2015-08-19 10:56 PM

does anyone know if they allow motorhomes to park at tesco,s near the eurotunnel i have heard its ok if you arrive after 10pm its just we are traveling down from manchester the night before our crossing and useualy park in the car park at eurotunnel but been told they dont allow this anymore

please can you advise best way

cheers john

Try getting Tesco's tel no and ring them to ask, simples. However my guess is no based on the fact that Tesco's in Dover has a time limit for parking, and is patrolled by europarking bods.

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/latest/

A20 access to Folkestone terminal closed until the 30th August 2015

We are making improvements to our check-in plaza, so please note the following changes as you arrive at our Folkestone terminal:

?Access from the A20 will be closed during this period. Please continue along the A20 and join the M20, southbound, at junction 11, then access our Folkestone terminal via M20 junction 11a.

?As you arrive at the Folkestone terminal from junction 11a, there is a short diversion through our new Freight check-in plaza. Do not stop here. Instead, follow the signs in place and continue directly towards our Passenger check-in, which is in its usual location.

traveling down on thurs 27th getting there about midnight and booked on the 8am train

thanks for all your surgestions

mite try arriving and see what happens

the no parking was from eurotunnel i emailed them they mite just be trying to put people off

we have always parked in there car park for the last 2 years so 4 times

cheers john

You may not be let in as its just prior to a bank holiday.

Live near the tunnel and its been horrendous this year. School runs that should be 10 mins. taking 2 hours..

But its much clearer now, but 3 hour delays are not unknown for ? on the track in France.

The Eurotunnel often talks about 2 hour wait and a 3 hour delay which infers there are far more people waiting inside.

My son is traveling over the weekend and it is sold out going to and from France for Frequent Travellers tickets at peak times.

Billggski - 2015-08-25 11:09 PM

Why not just go straight over and park at cite Europe?

Should be no extra charge, no illegals as they want to come the other way, and get your croissants and coffee in the morning?

That depends on what type of ticket you hold.

Frequent Traveller yes no problem and 8 am is a peak time anyway as its only after 3.30 pm to 6am that its cheaper.

But a one off ticket is priced on demand and varies as the time approaches depending on capacity.

If when you approach the toll it tells you that a earlier time is available free grab it but more often it entails a charge.

Archived