Marseillan plage??

LordThornber

After some hit and miss reearch of the site situation around here, Camping La Plage seems to suit.

Can anyone shed their experiences of the site or location please? We're going to be there September into October, aware that certain facilities will be dead or dying :D

Thanks as always.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2015-08-21 10:20 AM

After some hit and miss reearch of the site situation around here, Camping La Plage seems to suit.

Can anyone shed their experiences of the site or location please? We're going to be there September into October, aware that certain facilities will be dead or dying :D

Thanks as always.

Martyn

We were here two nights in June this year stayed at a site called la Gallet. Small pitches and some very tight internal roads but nice swimming pool and ok facilities. The town is a typical French seaside place, mostly single storey buildings with nothing of historic interest. Full of shops selling cheap clothing and restaurant's selling all types of food. The beach is a large sandy stretch with no scenic value at all. OK for a couple of nights stopover to catch up with laundry and have a meal out. We had great weather though and if sitting on a beach in the sun is your thing it is fine but not really for us I am afraid.

Yes, that's the one we stayed at. First one on the left as you arrive. Good swimming pool but in September there was little going on. There had been huge floods and trees were floating down the river.

The beach is extensive and fine sand, but the wind was just oppressive. Every time we go we end up inland to escape it and find some beautiful and cheap sites and aires about 30 k from the coast.

I stayed in Camping Europ 2000 a couple of years ago. Nice site with direct access to a nice beach. Plenty of sites with shade and lots without too. Facilities were not top class but we're just fine. As another member posted - the town was a bit Honky Tonk. Overall, nice for a night or two though. The owner was really nice - when I presented the ACSI card for discount he said he didn't take it but gave me a bottle of wine in lieu! I was there in early Summer and the weather was fantastic. I just came across this small video of it on YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qQb20Vp1r8

We have also stayed at Camping Europ 2000 for the last five consecutive years - alas this site has now been sold to the larger operation next door, and is now part of 'Beach Garden'. You may guess from our repeat visits that we enjoyed the place, perfect for Beach, Sea, and hopefully the Sun. In 2012 we visited in Early October, and most of the resort had already closed, or was closing down whilst we were there. If you prefer Aires, there is a large one near the Office of Tourism, but in October many of the Car Parks were being used as unofficial Aires also.

We hope to return next week, so have found the comments on other sites helpful.

Archived