Crosland Filters

Guest Peter James

Guest Peter James

Sad to see that Crosland Filters, a reputable Nottingham Company founded in 1955, has closed.

Euro Car Parts has bought the brand only for their exclusive use, and advertises it as 'providing clear filtration since 1955' http://www.croslandfilters.com/

I don't know whose filters they are putting in crosland boxes, and whether they are any good?

It's the global market, manufacturers can set a specification, put out tenders and buy in the cheapest bid.

China and the developing countries have a huge advantage over countries like the UK for basic items, and increasingly sophisticated ones. The iPad I'm using was "designed in California" but built in China.

Guest Peter James
Billggski - 2015-08-22 7:04 PM

It's the global market, manufacturers can set a specification, put out tenders and buy in the cheapest bid.

China and the developing countries have a huge advantage over countries like the UK for basic items, and increasingly sophisticated ones. The iPad I'm using was "designed in California" but built in China.

Well yes but Manufacturers usually sell under their own brand name, so they have to make sure the products are good.

I think the 'Proud Heritage' ... 'Since 1955' ...on the website is misleading since I can see no real connection with Tony Crosland or his products.

Crosland were a Great British Company. But I know nothing about the products being sold under that brand name now.

Well, you learn something every day, I have been diligently using Crosland filters, under the misguided premise that they were still the same Company that made 'quality' filters for years and years.

No fool like an old fool. what is the World coming to ? You'll be telling me next that a bar of Cadbury chocolate doesn't contain a glass and a half of full cream milk ! Ray

Guest Peter James

Well Kraft, current owners of Cadbury, are a far cry from the Cadbury Brothers who built the lovely village of Bourneville. But at least they are still in the same factory there.

I can't see any connection between Crosland and ECP who bought the Crosland brand.

Archived