Heysham to M6 link Road.

lancepar

Hi,

Travelling to IOM on Thurs 27th Aug and normally we would get off at J34 M6 northbound to get to the Ferry Port at Heysham. (Motorhome and Toad).

Now the work on the new link road has started, has anyone recently been this way during daylight hours? (Aware of overnight closures in the area of J34.)

To avoid any problems at J34 I am proposing leaving the M6 at J33 and using the A6 into Lancaster and joining the A683 just before the Greyhound Bridge and then following the expected diversions around Ovangle Road and the next Island where the link will join the A683.

What’s it like using the A6 from J33?

Searching the interweb for useful info has been a waste of time.

Cheers

Lance

B-)

Hi

Was on the IOM last week. There is a diversion signposted and is no problem, but allow a little extra time due to the extra congestion.

I always use the A6 route into Lancaster which is a quite pleasant drive through canalside villages and the university, though there is always lots of traffic in the city. Just allow plenty time and you'll be fine.

Alan

Hi Lance I live in Morecambe its pot luck around here at the moment junction 34 tending to busy into Lancaster,I always use junction 33 when running home easy run through Galgate could be busy from the boot & shoe to the large roundabout keep in the left lane through Lancaster city centre left lane over the river lune follow Morecambe s/p A589 at the next roundabout ,take 1st exit through lights at asda at next small roundabout take 2nd exit onto Heysham bye pass. All traffic has to use this route going to Heysham because the by pass is closed from macdonalls to the lights .Hope this helps ,If you need any more information please ask .good luck Keith.

Archived