Went to buy a new Autosleeper Warwick XL today

Malo37

I have been pleasantly surprised at the sophistication of the x250 base vehicle, not having owned a fiat since a 1980's panda that eventually rusted away.

Mercedes commercials are not regarded as anything special by truckers, and certainly 2000-2005 MB cars were a real problem when Chrysler got involved. My wife's SLK had enduring rust problems.

Who would have thought that cruise control, air-con, six gears, power steering, stability control and so on would be standard on a white van?

Oh yes, and a galvanised body!

My son is an owner driver courier and bought from new and uses a 13 plate Peugeot Boxer (Sprinter was initially top of the list but he didn't buy one due to delivery time). He was run off the road in March in the snow and whilst his van was in for repair was given a Sprinter as a replacement vehicle, he found it completely inferior to the Peugeot in almost every way.

Fuel consumption worse by far, handling (particularly in windy conditions) far worse, ability to load worse (tall and narrow), poor turning circle and generally not a nice ride he couldn't wait to get his own van back. The company he is contracted too uses MB Sprinters BUT they are now looking to a possible change to Fiat Ducato's as they admit to it being only a customer perception of quality that made them use the Sprinters.

Clearly everything is the opinion of the individual but I think that someone who is putting 22000mls + on loan vehicles in under three months (they in fact swapped the 64 plate loan vehicle for a 15 plate due to the excess mileage being put on) as well as having high mileage of his own vehicle has a valid opinion.

Re the OPost, we have recently changed our van to a PVC that is based on the Renault Master, it is British built and we have the rear lounge we also have the front dinette with two swivels and a habitation seat with the table between and the drivers seat has full travel in all normal directions. With the exception that it has a narrower walkway there is little to choose in accommodation space from our previous six berth such is the layout. A thoroughly happy change for us.

Bas

Archived