ID mobile network

shaggy

Just come across this new mobile network which has been set up by carphone warehouse using the three network. Just as with Three it offers 4G packages which can be used abroad in 22 countries INCLUDING Germany, Austria , Greece and Portugal plus all the usual ' Feel at home' countries offered by Three. Has anyone tried them out yet?

Link below for more info

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-phones/1403127/carphone-warehouse-launches-id-network-with-amazing-4g-deals-from-750month

I've been looking at changing to one of their Sim only plans when my contract runs out soon. Those reviews do put you off, but they have only been operating since May and people that have problems often give a review where people who don't have any don't bother with reviews.

TalkMobile another Carphone Warehouse company used to get a lot of flack, I've been with them for 4 years never had any problems and have found their customer services fine.

As they are using the 3 network shouldn't be any coverage problems, some of the complaints were regarding 4G data if you look a coverage maps, outside of big towns there isn't much 4G.

Play safe and only take out a 30 day contract, if they don't play ball cancel your DD.

Edit:

Some of the complaints were about the capped contract, when they got to their limit the whole phone was blocked, data, text and calls, probably best to avoid a capped contract for now.

The complaints seem to be about Carphone Warehouse customer service, so these deals might well turn out to be a bad idea purely for that reason alone.

I have been using my Three phone in France and reception has been excellent on 3G. Better coverage than UK really because it seems to swap between multiple networks in France. You can't tether and apparently they limit your "unlimited" data to 25 Gb per month while abroad but that's been plenty for me so far. I don't think my IPhone 4S does 4G but I might be wrong! Three's customer service has been invariably good.

This new Carphone Warehouse deal includes Germany, which the Three Feel at Home coverage doesn't at the moment, so that might be reason to give it a try. I tend to stick to France, so I'll stick with Three. I'm on a no-longer-available deal of £15 pcm for plenty of calls and texts (never use them all) and unlimited data, for which I believe they now charge £20 pcm.

johnnerontheroad - 2015-09-06 9:44 AM

Looks good in principal but have a read of the comments http://tinyurl.com/pjsxeut

Dave

Hadn't read the reviews just looked at their adverts and it seemed like a reasonable deal. You also have to take out a 12 month contract to get the free roaming deal. If carphone warehouse can offer Germany on its roaming deal using threes network then maybe three will offer the same countries soon.

Archived