LOOKING FOR SPANISH CAMPSITES

DUSTY

Its been years since we camped abroad Dusty so our experiences of Spanish campsites are all outdated. A good website to check out is "www.xetronella.com" which my sister always uses and should give you a good idea of the campsites that remain open during the winter, plus how they rate as well as tips on what to take and do. My only advice is to take extra bedding as more than once we have woken up to a heavy frost especially away from the coast. If your stay is going to be an extended one, then try to move from site to site as much as possible with not only the coast, but the also the more remote and and high mountain areas high on your list of places to see which during the winter months can be really spectacular. Howard.

We have spent the last three winters in La Manga, Camping La Manga is a large site with over 1000 pitches, Swimming pools open and indoor, Restuarant, Tennis, mini golf, Boules rinks. on the beach. We have spent 6 months there at a cost of around £5 per day on a full services pitch.

Dusty Area wise - Murcia, for the warmest and most stable weather. Campsite wise - 'La Marina', at La Marina, just south of Alicanti. 'Camping Marjal', at Guardamar del Segurajust , just south of Alicanti. 'Los Madrilas' at Isla Plana, west of Cartagena. Costa del Sol? Nice area but awful campsites. Believe me, wherever you go there will be hundreds of Brits about. Have fun

• 2 months later...
Hi Dusty ,just found your post ,dont know if you are still monitoring it ,but will write anyway.We re currently at Denia Southern Spain and having a great time, there are lots of Brits here,but if you want Brits why come to Spain?There are lots of them in England. It is great to be here ,and there are lots of pleasant Germans Dutch French etc here and all doing the same camping things so you have some common ground straight away.We generally arive in Spain around November and stay till May as do lots of others and wander around from Barcelona through Spain to Gib and then on to Cadiz and on to Sevillia and then on to Portugal along the Algarve up the atlantic coast to Lisbon . There are plenty of campsites and wild camping places and in the 7 years we have been wandering have never yet booked a campsite and have always been able to get in ,perhaps with the exception of Benidorm where we had to camp on the site car park untill a pitch became vacant,but even here we had access to all the sites facilities.I would recomend you get the Caravan Clubs site book available to non members ,its called Caravanning Europe and is written by members with no frills descriptions of sites in France Spain and Portugal.One is also available for Germany Italy Holland Belguim etc and is an excellent site guide for first timers.Both the major UK clubs run rallies in Spain Portugal and France and these are great for first timers if you are nervous about going solo.So I would say come on down it's a great way of life and with better weather than at home and a lot cheaper to live,lots going on and not enough hours in the day to do it all. *-) *-)

Archived