Water ingress

Simonblack

Hi all I am new to the forum and any help would br gratefully received.

1998 amethyst top cupboards length of four units crockery one end and the other end inside the end wall panel and bottom shelf of the cupboard have softened because of water. I think it may be something to do with the fixing of the awning, which I can investigate. How do I remove the cupboards to replace end wall bottom shelf. Do all four cupboards come out as one unit and is it a simple process??

Thank you for any advice

Simon

Guest pelmetman
Simonblack - 2015-09-13 3:42 PM

Hi all I am new to the forum and any help would br gratefully received.

1998 amethyst top cupboards length of four units crockery one end and the other end inside the end wall panel and bottom shelf of the cupboard have softened because of water. I think it may be something to do with the fixing of the awning, which I can investigate. How do I remove the cupboards to replace end wall bottom shelf. Do all four cupboards come out as one unit and is it a simple process??

Thank you for any advice

Simon

Welcome to the funny farm ;-) ...........

Hopefully you may have caught your damp ingress early, and a quick squirt of Sikaflex or something similar will sort it, but I would suggest you have the area checked by a damp meter to see how far its spread, but softening of the wood does unfortunately indicate a long term leak :-|.......

Archived