How efficient are in-board detectors ?

Will86

For smoke, gases and any other hazard?

If they don't work you may never know, and if only partly, it may be too late anyway! Do they have a labelled life expectancy? How does one test them? Does the material deteriorate over time?

Most questions are probably unanswerable except the smoke type that can be seen to be working.

We never rely on any unknown substances except our noses.

Will

Guest pelmetman

I know our smoke alarm works as it goes off every time I light the stove *-) ...........

I also know our Carbon monoxide alarm works, as my mechanic removed the batteries when it kept being set off in his garage :D .............Plus the one at home has gone off occasionally when the wind has changed, and our log burner has decided to suck instead of blow 8-) .......

PS our CO alarms are marked with a renewal date ;-) ...........

We have one of these http://www.thitronik-automotive.de/en/gas-alarm/produkt/gas-pro.html It was already installed in our motorhome when we bought it as it has an EFoy fitted. It kept beeping at us some months ago and emailed Thitronik who told us that the sensor wanted replacing, ordered a new sensor and its working fine now. It is wired into the 12 volt system. Very sensitive unit.

Archived