Warning have you recieved your new style logbook yet

Guest Paul W

Guest Paul W
Just to let everyone know. I have several registered vehicles but the only one that I had not received a new V5c for was the motorhome, this had not troubled me as I was not due to renew the tax yet. However I noticed an advert in the national press giving time limits before the existing one is invalid with a number to phone with any queries. On phoning I now find according to their records my vehicle has been sold and passed to a new owner who has been sent the new style logbook. The situation is now under investigation for possible cloning or ringing of a stolen vehicle using my number. I have also got to prove I am still in possession of the vehicle I am awaiting the local police or DVLA representative to call!!! Paul

Paul Serious stuff! I hope all turns out okay for you. In the mean time, do you have that DVLA telephone number to hand? I have just checked my "fleet" files and one of the cars has not had a V5C issued yet. I now want to urgently find out what is going on. Thanks in anticipation. Regards Neal

Guest Paul W
Hi Neal The number that I picked up from the advert is 0870 240 0010 the date the old ones become invalid is July 2005. i beleive that the number is a general one and you do have to go through the monotonous push this number for whatever thingy, when you get to the car log book level you are given 4 choices noe of which fit but if you don't push any buttons at that point it switches you to an advisor in that department anyway. Good luck Paul

Guest R.Daniel
Hi Here is the DVLA website giving full details: http://www.dvla.gov.uk/newrules/reg_changes_v5s.htm Hope this helps

Archived