Makes my blood boil!.......

Guest pelmetman

Guest Peter James

You have to ask why the antagonism of some people towards the armed forces?

We know of some atrocities which have been committed by British and American Servicemen, how many others are there we don't hear of?

Statistically, servicemen make up the greatest percentage of the people in prison, and by occupation the greatest number of wife beaters. They can't all be heros. I have known of a few who seem to think whatever the problem, violence is the solution. Perhaps what they have been trained.

My feeling is that politicians have sent our lads into an impossible situation. They cannot always do the job demanded of them playing buy the rules.

Peter James - 2015-09-28 9:15 AM

We know of some atrocities which have been committed by British and American Servicemen, how many others are there we don't hear of?

Statistically, servicemen make up the greatest percentage of the people in prison, and by occupation the greatest number of wife beaters. They can't all be heros. I have known of a few who seem to think whatever the problem, violence is the solution. Perhaps what they have been trained.

302662783_sourceplease.jpg.437a4f0b8cfb89c56d37bd9006085ba0.jpg

Guest Peter James
donna miller - 2015-09-28 4:15 PM

Source of what?

As for domestic violence and percentage in prison you can Google it. I'm not asking you to take my word for anything. Took me just a minute to find these;

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/07/why-so-many-ex-soldiers-end-prison

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18902195

Soldiers top the list for both, thats a proven fact.

As for atrocities we don't hear of - I don't know, thats why I asked the question.

But if soldiers are not 'playing by the rules', ask yourself who is likely to hear of it first? Hospital Staff? or Dave Pelmet reading his Daily Mail ?

Peter James - 2015-09-28 6:01 PM

donna miller - 2015-09-28 4:15 PM

Statistically, servicemen make up the greatest percentage of the people in prison,

Source of what?

As for domestic violence and percentage in prison you can Google it.

I'm not asking you to take my word for anything. Took me just a minute to find these;

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/07/why-so-many-ex-soldiers-end-prison

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18902195

Soldiers top the list for both, thats a proven fact.

?

Copy and paste from your 'source' .............One in ten prisoners is a former soldier.

Now I may not be a mathematical genius but one in ten is 10% How is that the greatest percentage?

Guest Peter James
donna miller - 2015-09-28 6:24 PM

Now I may not be a mathematical genius but one in ten is 10% How is that the greatest percentage?

10% of ex soldiers sent to prison

Less than 10% of (any other occupation) sent to prison

etc

Peter James - 2015-09-28 6:38 PM

etc

Nope, doesn't say that!

Quote" Why so many ex-soldiers end up in prison,......One in ten inmates is a former soldier". End quote, nothing about other occupations but seeing as there are 1000s then you could twist any statistic to suit.

Your other source say that 1 in 8 soldiers has committed a violent assualt.

Now we all know you have a downer on the royal family, but seriously, have a bit of respect for our troops please.

etc

The armed services have to be willing to resort to violence they are likely to be sent to places where they may come back severely damaged or in a plastic bag. If they have difficulty resuming normal life perhaps they should get more help not be criticised by people who have no idea of what they go through. I've met many servicemen and only have admiration for them. I have even arrived a facility with an defective pass and they frightened the life out of me just doing their duty. I'm glad we have such well trained people protecting us.

Guest pelmetman

etc

............and 14% are foreigners ;-) ................

So what does that tell us?...........Johnny Foreigner is more likely to commit a crime than a ex UK serviceman :-| ............

Guest Peter James
donna miller - 2015-09-28 7:15 PM

have a bit of respect for our troops please.

Would you say that to their victims *-)

The crime statistics for ex servicemen are there to be found on Google - since you have Google on your avtar I didn't think I would need to Google them for you.

Guest Peter James
teflon2 - 2015-09-28 7:35 PM

The armed services have to be willing to resort to violence they are likely to be sent to places where they may come back severely damaged or in a plastic bag. If they have difficulty resuming normal life perhaps they should get more help

That may be so, but its not the job of busy Casualty nurses. If their patients are frightened of soldiers I guess the nurses try to protect their patients, which is a credit to the nurses Confronting violent soldiers and the Establishment takes more courage than Kow-towing to them.

Peter James - 2015-09-28 9:27 PM

The crime statistics for ex servicemen are there to be found on Google - since you have Google on your avtar I didn't think I would need to Google them for you.

Statistics also show that Scots are far more likely to be drunken, wife beating thugs than any other nationality. With that in mind I will have nothing more to do with you, just in case, besides, I dislike the Anti British with a passion.

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2015-09-28 9:32 PM

That may be so, but its not the job of busy Casualty nurses. If their patients are frightened of soldiers I guess the nurses try to protect their patients, which is a credit to the nurses Confronting violent soldiers and the Establishment takes more courage than Kow-towing to them.

But seeing as its quite likely that those nurses maybe foreign, prison statistics would indicate that they're more likely to offend than the serviceman ;-) ...............

Which appears to be the case here, as the staff involved has managed to annoy the right thinking majority of the UK..... by putting the feelings of other cultures first :-|............

If those other cultures don't like our culture........... they know where the door is >:-) ...........

Guest Peter James
donna miller - 2015-09-29 8:02 AM

Peter James - 2015-09-28 9:27 PM

Statistics also show that Scots are far more likely to be drunken, wife beating thugs than any other nationality. With that in mind I will have nothing more to do with you, just in case, besides, I dislike the Anti British with a passion.

I'm not Scottish, but please don't let that put you off having nothing more to do with me :-D

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2015-09-29 8:13 AM

Peter James - 2015-09-28 9:32 PM

But seeing as its quite likely that those nurses maybe foreign, prison statistics would indicate that they're more likely to offend than the serviceman ;-) ...............

Which appears to be the case here, as the staff involved has managed to annoy the right thinking majority of the UK..... by putting the feelings of other cultures first :-|............

If those other cultures don't like our culture........... they know where the door is >:-) ...........

It isn't just foreigners Dave. I have never felt so intimidated in all my life as when I was walking on public land near Balmoral and encountered a gang of uniformed gun toting thugs like these http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11560935/Shocking-CCTV-shows-Buckingham-Palace-Guard-and-other-soldier-stamping-on-victim-but-they-still-walk-free-from-court.html

Archived