Insurance!!!!

capcloser

Bought a transit van (nod to Dave) and phoned aviva for a quote after half an hour of endless questions she said she'd give me a quote couple of minutes of silence and she says your not on the electoral roll ,I say no I choose not to be, she says sorry we can't insure you! What a load of bollox

Wow capcloser what are you gonna do? Have you got family that can insure it and have you as a named driver? But you wont build up any no claims that way good luck (i love transits have just sold mine as it wasnt big enough to tow old caravan ive bought) its a hymer and i love it but am now running a discovery 3 but am a transit gal at heart :) cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Got the transit insurance finally then received a letter from the insurance company asking for a photocopy of licences and V5.Hadn't got it back yet so phoned and let them know,they said OK then I got another letter asking for it all again so I called and emailed to explain I was waiting for the V5,they said OK,2 days later they write to tell me they are cancelling the insurance because I haven't provided the information they asked for! This was a day after I got the V5i copied it and sent it off with proof of posting, so I phone them again explain I've sent it and they say OK phone back in 2 days at which point I will have 2 days insurance left! To add to the fun we've timed the calls and the quickest they have answered is 17mins on hold usually about 20! Ain't life great sometimes (lol)

Guest pelmetman
capcloser - 2015-09-30 12:19 AM

Bought a transit van (nod to Dave)

All you need now is a Essex V6 to stick in it :D ..............

BTW hows the trailer conversion going........any pic's? ;-) ........

Archived