15k miles in 22 years......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Agreed, but look at the drivers seat ;-) ...........

No sign of a 100 thousand miles of bum on there.....plus those alloys like the interior are perfect :D .......

Also the rust around the edges is indicative of just being sat on a drive for 2 decades.............. besides when it comes to Trannies and rust.......I'm an expert *-) ...............

There's no way a converter would leave the back of the fringe open like this one. It looks like a VW campervan conversion to me. I don't think it's an Auto Sleeper conversion and they use the Executive name, so i'm not convinced. New seats or recovered is easy enough and the alloys can still be found. I'd like to see a few mot's although that's still not proof.

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2015-10-07 6:54 PM

There's no way a converter would leave the back of the fringe open like this one. It looks like a VW campervan conversion to me. I don't think it's an Auto Sleeper conversion and they use the Executive name, so i'm not convinced. New seats or recovered is easy enough and the alloys can still be found. I'd like to see a few mot's although that's still not proof.

Dave

I think you'll find the "Executive" label refers to the Tranny Dave, as its the top spec Tranny of its day.....heated seats forsooth 8-) ............

Plus the seat fabric matches the bottom half of the door cards ;-) ......

My monies on the mileage being genuine based on what I can see from the pic's B-) ..........

It's certainly a Transit and in relatively decent nick judging by the photographs. Obviously anyone seriously interested would need to view. I doubt the mileage is genuine and really the seller should have put in his description that the clock shows 15000 miles......but as he doesn't have all the MOT's it cannot be proven.

Shame it's a petrol but it was a good idea to stick a clip on YouTube of the engine running which gives the seller some credibility.

Be interesting to see what it goes for.

Guest Peter James
From what he says he has done he would be a reasonably competent amateur mechanic. So if getting it running and tested is not an expensive job why hasn't he done so?

Peter James - 2015-10-08 8:45 AM

From what he says he has done he would be a reasonably competent amateur mechanic. So if getting it running and tested is not an expensive job why hasn't he done so?

Possibly lost interest as many do but i doubt he'll be worried......it was sold and the ebay listing ended earlier today.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2015-10-08 5:02 PM

Peter James - 2015-10-08 8:45 AM

Possibly lost interest as many do but i doubt he'll be worried......it was sold and the ebay listing ended earlier today.

Someones got a bargain I suspect ;-) ............

pelmetman - 2015-10-08 5:17 PM

Someones got a bargain I suspect ;-) ............

I'd expect to pay around £1k - 1500 max. Taking into consideration the welding which needs doing, set aside around £500 (unless able to do it yourself) and with new MOT you'd be looking at a camper to actually sell at a profit after a few years of use.

Very few owners can claim to have achieved that.

Archived