Elf and Safety gone mad

Colin Leake

Just come back from having our flue jabs from our local health centre. We along with others used to drop off old magazines which ment a good choice of magazines and if one was interesting you could always take it away with you. Now they have a notice telling us not to continue with this practice in the interest of elf and safety. They purchasing new ones, that Incidently no one would conceivably want to pinch, given that they are all handled the sick and no doubt contagious I fail to see how it helps.

Any other examples anyone?

Colin Leake - 2015-10-17 7:18 PMJust come back from having our flue jabs from our local health centre. We along with others used to drop off old magazines which ment a good choice of magazines and if one was interesting you could always take it away with you. Now they have a notice telling us not to continue with this practice in the interest of elf and safety. They purchasing new ones, that Incidently no one would conceivably want to pinch, given that they are all handled the sick and no doubt contagious I fail to see how it helps.Any other examples anyone?

Concerned your log burner might get flu then Colin?
Sorry couldn't resist  :-)

As a diabetic I've had a flue jab for at the teast the last 20 years. All I can say is that whilst those around me have periodically suffered with flue I have remained free of it and I might add I've never suffered any side effects. It's true it's not a 100% effective but overall it does do a great job of lowering the odds. As a diabetic flue would probably not kill me but managing my sugar levels would be a hell of a problem.

If anyone would rather take the risk of having flue rather than get the jab if offered one good luck.

Colin Leake - 2015-10-21 3:27 PMAs a diabetic I've had a flue jab for at the teast the last 20 years. All I can say is that whilst those around me have periodically suffered with flue I have remained free of it and I might add I've never suffered any side effects. It's true it's not a 100% effective but overall it does do a great job of lowering the odds. As a diabetic flue would probably not kill me but managing my sugar levels would be a hell of a problem.If anyone would rather take the risk of having flue rather than get the jab if offered one good luck.

....and what exactly does this 'flue' of yours do then Colin and how does it make you suffer?  We have two 'flues' in our house both of which are there 24/7/365 and I don't think I've ever caught anything from either of them.

I'm really interested in why yours needs an annual 'jab'?  I'm hoping our 'flues' are not suffering in any way because they are just there and not really considered at any time of year...........and if they are suffering and in need of a 'jab' does one use a stick or call a chimney sweep?  Am I more likely to get a dose of 'flu' if my 'flues' are ill??   :-)

RogerC - 2015-10-21 7:05 PM

Am I more likely to get a dose of 'flu' if my 'flues' are ill??  

It's a little unfair to pick on Colin's flues like that but as long as everyone's flues are free flowing enough to allow fluidity of effluent you should be free from a dose of man flue..

I'm not going anywhere near Colin's 'flues'.....from what he says I'm at risk enough not having had my flues 'jabbed'.....nay not even poked or prodded for many a long year so goodness knows what's storing up for me if I deign to close proximity to someone else's 'flues' especially at this time of year  :-)

Archived