ACSI CampingCard 2007

enodreven

Guest Frank Wilkinson

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2007-01-04 6:34 PM Hi, I found it easier to just telephone them on the 0700 number i gave at the start of this thread also that way you can use your credit card online you can't ? [/QUOTE]

Whilst being grateful for all the help and advice here, people should be aware that calling an 0700 number costs 37.5p per minute or 25p per minute in the evenings. It's not too bad if you're only talking for a minute or so but many of these lines seem to string things out with announcements etc.

Last year after buying the ACSI card via mail order I saw the books on sale at a local caravan dealer. I've just called in there today to see if they had the new book but they didn't know if they would be getting any. Apparently they just turned up for sale last year and they only sold about five copies. I enthused about how good a scheme it was but the UK marketing seems a bit erratic I don't think I've seen it advertised in the same way as Camping Cheques are. Also I believe it was available from the CC but only with bookings! I'll look out for it nearer the touring season (or order it by mail)! Steve

[QUOTE]twooks - 2007-01-04 9:11 PM easiest way to get it is from vicarious books http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/products.htm just keep paging down, they're both in there somewhere. assuming they're back from their jollies that is :-> B-)[/QUOTE]

We ordered ours through these people and the Camping Card arrived yesterday whilst the DVD is due very soon.

Hi, Thanks for that Frank, I only wish you had said it earlier as it would be cheaper to ring holland ? these bl***y numbers I actually thought it was the same as 0800 Brian [QUOTE]Frank Wilkinson - 2007-01-04 6:57 PM

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2007-01-04 6:34 PM Hi, I found it easier to just telephone them on the 0700 number i gave at the start of this thread also that way you can use your credit card online you can't ? [/QUOTE]

Whilst being grateful for all the help and advice here, people should be aware that calling an 0700 number costs 37.5p per minute or 25p per minute in the evenings. It's not too bad if you're only talking for a minute or so but many of these lines seem to string things out with announcements etc.

[/QUOTE]

• 11 months later...
In answer to Keith T, you do not 'buy' the Camping Cheques sites book. We have been send one free at the beginning of every year regardless of whether we have bought any cheques for that year. The cheques cost 14 euros each whilst 'ACSI' site fees can be 10, 12 or 14euros. It is interesting to note that those sites that accept both ACSI and camping cheques charge the top band 14 euros when using ACSI card. Along with others on this thread, I also received my 2008 ACSI card and sites book yesterday. John

Hi, Don Its actually £8.50 for the 2008 version, which is the one you need, and you will save the £8.50 in no time, its really a very good investment if you travel in Europe out of the main holiday season and use campsites I must give praise to Vicarious Books there service is excellent and I would recommend them to anyone. I put my details on there web site on Thursday night but didn't leave my credit card details, I rang them on Friday morning at 9:30am and gave them the Credit card details over the phone and I have the book in front of me now Saturday, now that's what i call service,

I have lost my e mail from Vicarious books only because my old computer is dead as the battery lead is kaput and It need a new lead to charge it . Yesterday i went a bought this one but waiting for hubby to do his magic I cannot retrieve all my old e mails for awhile . has anyone saved there vicarious e mail to send me via Pm at the mo ? Sorry cancel that just see W2G.

Archived