MEDICAL INSURANCE ABROAD

davec

Can anyone please give advice on medical insurance company's. I am going to Europe for 4 months, I also had major spinal surgery in November 2014 and I am still under the hospital with minor problems.

I have called a couple of company's but they seem ridiculously high. Anyone got any good recommends.

Thank you,

Dave

The problem with recommending medical insurance companies is that you really need recommendations from people who have claimed on them.

All very well saying XYZ Insurance were nice and cheap and included my pre-existing conditions, it's at the other end you need info.

The only person I know who has used medical travel insurance is my daughter, in China. They were useless, she had to pay everything upfront and didn't get a penny back due to not having all the correct paperwork, due to being too ill to think about it. I can't even remember who they were.

I'm doubtful you will find anyone to take you on, unless at a very high premium, with cover for your existing problems and as insurance is for the unexpected not 'existing' events I'm doubtful you'll get cover for the existing problems. Most all policies have an exclusion clause for twelve months whereby existing conditions are not covered, at least that's been my experience.  In reality it's all conditional on what the underwriters are prepared to cover so best of luck.

Yea, as we all know cheapest is not always the best. The other problem is terms and conditions, by the time you read through about 12 pages you already forgot what the previous 11 said, (that's if you understood there language in the first place).

Thank you for your reply.

Dave

Archived