A Hymer question for the knowledgeable please

Florence

Hi,

We will be in Southern Germany in April 2016. We have a couple of things that need fixing under Hymer warranty and seem to remember reading somewhere that this could be done at Badwaldsee at the factory. As we will be that way it makes sense to get them fixed this way. Does anyone know if this is possible and how to go about it? Any advise would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Florence

We just turned up at the factory, parked on their free Aire ? and went to reception and arranged for our van to be seen next day,Simple, their is a realy good Aire /Stelplatz at Bad Walvsley , the baths are fantastic too, it is near the Thermal Baths , we had some lovely swims there in the thermal water, and you can swim through an opening out to the outside pool  with the same hot steaming water, Heaven.

Florence - 2015-10-28 12:26 PMHi, We will be in Southern Germany in April 2016. We have a couple of things that need fixing under Hymer warranty and seem to remember reading somewhere that this could be done at Badwaldsee at the factory. As we will be that way it makes sense to get them fixed this way. Does anyone know if this is possible and how to go about it? Any advise would be really appreciated.Kind regardsFlorence

Hi Florence

Yes this can be done, but  i feel it best to check directly with Hymer 1st, obviously Chasis N0:- and full details will be required, such as date of purchase etc.etc.
Hymer will normally pass you back to a recognised dealer to have the work done.
However just like Tugga / Cheryl has said, why not contact the dealer you bought it from to see if they will do the work under warranty.

Hope this helps

You can go to the Service Centre at Bad Waldsee, but they like you to book an appointment in advance, they are usually booked up for months in advance,. If you ring them or email they will say you can turn up and be put on their waiting list & you will normally get seen that day.

Better option is just go into any Hymer dealer the dealers in Germany tend to be very helpful.

If you contact Hymer their standard reply is to give you a link to their dealer network and state that the two dealers responsible for warranty work on your van is the nearest dealer to your home address and the supplying dealer.

Edit:

Just noticed you said next April, should be able to book an appointment.

Email: Servicecenter@hymer.com

Tel: +49 7524 999 116

We were tempted to go to Hymer in Bad Waldsee next Spring to get a few issues sorted out. The response from Hymer was go to a UK dealer. When I suggested I would be in Germany and didn't want to put my warranties at risk, they said get my dealer to book us in or go to a German dealer. Hymer have always had a policy of pushing everyone back to the dealers but if you can overcome this resistance, I've found them very helpful.

I know from another thread, some people just turn up at the factory and stay until they are sorted out. Wait seemed to be a few days this year although I expect they have busy periods in the main motorhoming season.

If you have warranty issues now, I suggest you get them seen too now rather than wait until next April. Otherwise you run the risk of fair wear and tear making a warranty claim less successful. My dealer has always been helpful and all warranty claims have been met including one or two I didn't know I had [4 new alloy wheels being one]. I've questioned my dealer's technicians competence in the past but I believe the they have all been trained by Hymer now and the service over the last 12 months has been good.

Many thanks for your replies.Our circumstances are such that whilst we bought the van in the UK, we no longer live there so it would seem we must either try a German dealer, go to Badwaldsee and wait or try and make an appointment at the service centre. Can anyone recommend a dealer in Germany where we could get the work done if Badwaldsee will not help?

Many thanks

Florence

Florence - 2015-10-28 1:55 PMMany thanks for your replies.Our circumstances are such that whilst we bought the van in the UK, we no longer live there so it would seem we must either try a German dealer, go to Badwaldsee and wait or try and make an appointment at the service centre. Can anyone recommend a dealer in Germany where we could get the work done if Badwaldsee will not help?Many thanksFlorence

The above is a direct link to the Hymer site, scroll down to the bottom, enter the service portal, change the country to Germany, then you will be able to search for a dealer near you.
It's hard to say which Hymer dealer is best as i don't know where you are located in Germany. However I have found the dealers very helpful when i have needed to purchase some accessories whilst on our many travels around Germany. All the Hymer dealers will be working to a high standard. I have used one dealer on the outskirts of Augsburg
Sorry I can't be of more help.

The Bad Waldsee sevice centre functions as a stand alone firm that just happens to be next to the Factory. I would not be put off by anyone telling you you can't get things done there.

After 5 months touring in Europe we noticed serious damp ingress and diverted to BW. They could not have been more helpful. We stayed on their stellplatz. (Free ehu) for 2 days while we organised ourselves.

The van stayed under cover for a month. We got train to Munich and flew home. They fixed the roof. It wasn't cheap. But I'm very confident about the repair. 6 weeks later I flew back and drove home mid November. A journey to remember. Thank god for m&s tyres.

The number of you don't have it is

The fantastic guy who dealt with my job is Jochen Hess

jochen.hess@hymer.com

Naturally his English is lots better than many people who were born here

We also liked the thermal baths . Don't forget to visit the Hymer museum at the top end of town!

Archived