Greetings

Chauser

Hi All

I just thought I would introduce myself as a newby. We have not actually got a motorhome at the moment but have one on order that we purchased at the NEC show (chausson 620 Welcome). We won't take delivery until April/May and are new to this mobile life but very excited to be nearly living the dream. I will no doubt be asking some pretty basic questions over the coming months and I thank you for your anticipated patience to a couple of motor homing virgins.

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase, I bet you are so excited.

We are still novices in the motorhome world, but have had an amazing time already and some lovely trips.

If you need any advice, so many experienced people on here to help and advise you.

Lynne :-)

Welcome Chauser.

Have a read at the motorhome guides on this site if you haven't already done so.

What are you going to do with the van when it arrives? UK or Continental touring? Activity or relaxing holidays? Wild camping or camp sites? Let us know.

As for questions, just ask away and don't worry if the topic goes off at a tangent as its good to talk and explore ideas.

I am avidly reading what I can at the moment.

We are hoping to spend many long and short weekends exploring good old Blighty to begin with before venturing off to the Mosel region for a couple of weeks in the summer. We love the idea of wild camping but will do some sites as well to enable us to recharge and network with others.

B-) :-S

Welcome. You will get an answer to any question you have on here. Not necessarily the correct answer but the more people who reply the more chance you have of getting pretty close to the answer. Back read some of the forum and you will get a flavour of who the experts are and who the windup merchants are.

Hope you have many happy hours of motor homing. In Blighty you will need to use sites mostly as many local authorities are not happy to entertain motorhomes whose occupants might spend money. In Scotland you can wild camp most places whilst others have dedicated bays for motor homes. Do some research in relation to places where you can stop for the cost of a meal (pub car parks overnight if you eat in the pub) and many members who provide overnight parking on their drive etc. There is a whole network out there which is of benefit to motorhomers. Enjoy

Arthur

Hi and welcome

Chausson is a good choice and value too! Very pleased with our older 2010 Flash 02. Some good sites on the Mosel and rest of Germany too. You might like this website featuring videos of many German motorhome sites (Wohnmobilstellplätze) :

http://womoclick.de/stellplaetze.php

It's in German I'm afraid, but the video material speaks for itself.

Alan

Hi Andy,Congrats on your purchase I am sure you are keen to take delivery.This time last year I too was a "newbie". I waited 10 months for my MH (a story for another day)and I spent almost every day on forums eager to learn as much as I could. I quickly came to the conclusion that there are some absolute experts with years of experience on this forum. I seem to find advice to several topics that were not front of mind at least once per week so keep reading. The advice to "use it not park it" is good advice. We have used ours on & off for seven of the ten months we have owned it. Currently at home and champing at the bit to complete the home chores to get out on the road again in a couple of weeks. Until you have experienced the freedom of "being on the road" you can not completely understand the fantastic feeling  it provides. The co-driver and I just love it. It should not take you too long to get in the groove. I suspect common sense is an essential ingredient. I also practice something I learnt when a corporate road warrior - 5 P system - prior planning prevents poor performance. It works for me. Good luck and enjoy the journey. Cheers,

Archived