No WiFi. No TV reception. Just a simple site ?

Will H

Perhaps there should be a few UK sites posted where there is NO INTERFERENCE from anything. Oh what a wonderful thought.

Gone are the days when an adventure really WAS an adventure. So many 'people' are now so engrossed in their own little world that to be free of clutter is virtually impossible.

Poor them, its not camping any more, its "Watching the TV in someone else's back yard". I fail to see any good reason to re-join them.

We don't have any interest in a TV or WiFi. We just prefer the freedom it allows.

Will

I mean a site where nothing works except perhaps the radio and I could do without even that.

The trappings of life, for that's what they are, can become a nuisance to an uninhibited way of life and all we become are followers of industrial fashion. And for what ?

Will H - 2015-11-15 12:57 PM

I mean a site where nothing works except perhaps the radio and I could do without even that.

The trappings of life, for that's what they are, can become a nuisance to an uninhibited way of life and all we become are followers of industrial fashion. And for what ?

Interesting definition of a camp-site! It would, surely, be free: no services, no charge? I suspect Will is a closet wild camper, who is unwilling to "come out"! Come on Will, own up! :-D

You could try the Western Isles but omg they are getting high speed broadband.

Simple answer don't turn on your computer or TV.

Better still leave them at home the weight saving will improve your mpg!

Perhaps Brian K has got it right you are a closet wild camper if so come out of the sites and go wild. :D

Brian Kirby - 2015-11-15 1:06 PM

I suspect Will is a closet wild camper, who is unwilling to "come out"! Come on Will, own up! :-D

Can you be more specific Brian.

Do you mean a REAL wild camper ( e.g. a backpacker in the Cairngorms ) - or a motorhomer who parks in a field with all the comforts of home and kids himself he's camping " wild " ?

;-)

malc d - 2015-11-15 2:22 PM

I suspect Will is a closet wild camper, who is unwilling to "come out"! Come on Will, own up! :-D

Do you mean a REAL wild camper ( e.g. a backpacker in the Cairngorms ) - or a motorhomer who parks in a field with all the comforts of home and kids himself he's camping " wild " ?

;-)

Or even a car park?

Thank you for the comments. My Wild Camping these days consists of sitting on the sofa looking out the window reflecting on where we've been. I'm certainly quite taken with living wild, but I guess its one's age now that dictates when additional goodies become a burden to a smooth and easy life.

I only treated myself to one very late stop in searching for a wild camp in Scotland, only to find in the morning that I was within 1/4 mile of a legal site.

Sorry if everyone's disappointed, I'm but a simple living citizen.

Aah, mention wildcamping and the snidy little digs appear.

When I were nobbut a lad I used to wildcamp using just a sleeping bag with a change of clothes inside it and my trusty thumb to cadge a lift to who knew where.

I have also spent long periods in West Africa in a tent or a metal box close to the Equator while being the food source for many species of insect.

Now, in the last little stretch before oblivion, I aint going through all that again. I often have a laugh at people describing their 'epic' adventures in Europe in their van. Some of you have even been to Morocco .... WOW. I had proper adventures, living like Tarzan, sometimes like Lawrence of Arabia while in the Near and Middle East. I have been shot at (more often than I liked), charged by an Elephant (once was enough) and seen venomous Snakes up close and personal (too close for comfort).

I am quite content to find out about my own Country thanks. The first thing I did when I retired was to throw my Passport away.

There we aware. You have dragged me down to your level. However, I don't seem to get the satisfaction that narrow minded bigots seem to enjoy. :'(

Robbo - 2015-11-15 10:30 PM

And you think you were lucky 747 - we camped in a cardboard box in the middle of the Etosha pan national park with lions growling, hyenas laughing and wildebeest rampaging within inches of the cardboard box. Beat that - anybody !!!

You had a cardboard box?

We could not afford the Premier Level Holiday like you. :-(

We had to sit on a Termite mound in the rain.

Will H - 2015-11-15 12:57 PM

You need to go to Poland. It's taken me years to learn just the odd few words and even now i still can't pronounce them properly! :-(

Polish radio? You won't understand anything they're on about but they do play english 'pop' on a few stations.....but somehow i get the feeling you aren't into pop music! (lol)

Polish TV? Forget it. The only bits i can figure is the weather forecast.....and that's only because of the map and temps! :D

The bogs and showers work a treat though! :D

derek pringle - 2015-11-16 9:02 AM

You seem to have had a very interesting life so far, sounds fascinating, seriously can't wait for the Blog.

cheers

derek

I don't blog Derek.

However, a series of films were made about my life. For my protection they changed my name ...... to James Bond. B-) :D

Only kidding, they changed it to Mr Bean. :-(

malc d - 2015-11-15 2:22 PM

Do you mean a REAL wild camper ( e.g. a backpacker in the Cairngorms ) - or a motorhomer who parks in a field with all the comforts of home and kids himself he's camping " wild " ? ;-)

No! :-D

Bulletguy - 2015-11-16 5:32 AM

You need to go to Poland. It's taken me years to learn just the odd few words and even now i still can't pronounce them properly! :-(

Polish radio? You won't understand anything they're on about but they do play english 'pop' on a few stations.....but somehow i get the feeling you aren't into pop music! (lol)

Polish TV? Forget it. The only bits i can figure is the weather forecast.....and that's only because of the map and temps! :D

The bogs and showers work a treat though! :D

So, all this is on the Polish campsite that you presumably pay to use?...

..a bit like the Austrian town, in which you say you would've been happy to put money in their parking meters?

..and yet you say you'd do neither, in the UK?... ;-) Why?

747 - 2015-11-15 8:46 PM

I had proper adventures, living like Tarzan, sometimes like Lawrence of Arabia while in the Near and Middle East. I have been shot at (more often than I liked), charged by an Elephant (once was enough) and seen venomous Snakes up close and personal (too close for comfort).

:'(

Yeah, thats Gateshead for you huh! Guffaw. :D

Archived