Back Box

seadog

Hi guys

We are looking for a back box to fit to our Autocruise Starspirit.. I have heard there is/was one make that fitted onto a bike rack. Does anyone know which make/model this could be or if anyone can recommend one, or even if someone has one they are thinking of selling, please get in touch

Thanks

I think most of the Fiamma Ultra boxes fit onto a bike rack, however with your particular MH thats going to put it pretty high up (assuming it's possible and I’m thinking of the correct model).

An alternative may be a Thule Easybase. These will take all the Fiamma models (with a bit of fiddling) and of course the original Thule back box.

Don’t have a picture of the box fitted, but I have a Ultrabox 320 on this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53488303/Easybase.jpg

Brian

Any make will fit onto the bike rack and it's certainly not too high for practical use

We've got a 500 lt box fitted to the rack on our Autospirit , the only thing that might put you off one that big is that it covers the bottom 1/4 of the rear window.

Wouldn't do without it to be honest

I did try half a dozen times to upload a photo but ..no-go.

I've got a Fiamma 360 for sale. It is cream , not white and some lacquer has come off the top. Most of the brackets are missing but exhaust U bolts or aerial clamps could be used if you don't fancy paying nearly £50 for Fiamma kit. The box is for sale for £90. Don't know your location but I'm in N.E Wales, not far from Chester/Wrexham

199293696__12.jpg.00aeca5bbb4609b7d72e2c2fdfd781ff.jpg

724222028__12W6LNE9YP.jpg.7bf8fa46af473abe72185fbc34f71e28.jpg

With my previous two vans I always had a 500 litre Fiamma box, mounted onto the bike rack, but only for light stuff like outside chairs etc., as the max. Weight for the Fiamma bike rack is 60kg that's including the box, although the boxes are very light.Solved all of our storage problems.

Rayjsj - 2015-11-17 8:54 PM

Solved all of our storage problems.

+1

Cables, water can, folding buckets, screen covers, ramps etc. Not a great deal of weight, but amazing how much space they take up and a box makes them all easily available.

Brian

Archived