new (to me!!)

boxerbob62

Good Morning everyone, having recently replaced my Peugeot panel van for a coachbuilt (dethleffs on a 2003 fiat chassis) I cannot find the model number as no manual was given, the only clue I can see is the name ESPRIT & GLOBETROTTER on the bodywork. it is a LHD with a fixed bed at the rear and very large garage underneath.any help would be much appreciated. many thanks in advance, ps,will need to change user name !!

Do an internet search for images and see if you can match up that way. That's how I find details of classic vehicles to match up with photographs I've taken. A search should identify all the models around your time and you could try matching up windows as a starter.

boxerbob62 - 2015-11-29 10:06 AM

Good Morning everyone, having recently replaced my Peugeot panel van for a coachbuilt (dethleffs on a 2003 fiat chassis) I cannot find the model number as no manual was given, the only clue I can see is the name ESPRIT & GLOBETROTTER on the bodywork. it is a LHD with a fixed bed at the rear and very large garage underneath.any help would be much appreciated. many thanks in advance, ps,will need to change user name !!

Or take up Prizefighting!

boxerbob62 - 2015-11-29 10:06 AM

Dethleffs has habitually used the same naming convention (eg. “Globetrotter Esprit”) for quite different designs of motorhome, with an additional letter + figure-group specifically identifying the model. For example the letter “A” (Alkoven) would indicate that a model was an ‘overcab’ design with sleeping accommodation above the cab area, T” (TeilIntegrierter) showed that a model was a ‘low profile’ design, and “I” (Integrierter) that the model was an 'A-Class’ design. In 2003 Dethleffs was also occasionally using an extra letter (eg. I 6501 B) for some models.

Examples are here

http://tinyurl.com/qcy6p5q

http://www.stewartmouland.co.uk/used-motorhome-dethleffs-globetrotter-motorhome-406

and it will be apparent that - although both vehicles carry Globetrotter Esprit decals (and both have a fixed rear bed over a large garage) - they are in fact significantly different in design.

Even though the it’s straightforward to identify the model-letter (A, T or I), as far as I can make out there’s no certain way of pinning down the follow-up number as this does not seem to relate directly to a Dethleffs motorhome’s dimensions, specification or interior layout.

If you say what design of Dethleffs motorhome you’ve bought (overcab, low-profile or A-class) and how long it is (in centimeters) I might be able to give you a few model numbers you could check against. And posting a photo or two of your motorhome to the forum would definitely be helpful.

Otherwise (as has already been suggested) if you GOOGLE long and hard enough you ought to be able to find a match, or the Dethleffs Owners Club should know if you provide a photo.

(How is the motorhome described on its V5C UK-registration document? I would have thought there’s a fair chance there would be a model-number on the V5C.)

good morning Derek, thanks for your reply,looking at your second suggestion (the dealer on the south coast) that one is the exact same model as the one I bought (except for that one being a rhd ! ) however there is no indication of the model shown !, also the v5c gives no model number. Maybe a call to the dealer could throw a light on the question !! thanks again for your help.

Archived