Companies who uprate a motorhome

Randonneur

Well, got everything back from JR Consultancy, took about 10 days, cost £142. Have sent everything to DVLA but don't expect to receive anything back for at least 2/3 weeks due to Christmas post and Holidays. What a nice man Mr Ruffles is and he has a great sounding name, it makes me smile everytime I say it. By the way the Tracker is 2007 with 10k miles on the clock, its been treated with great respect by the previous owner.

Many thanks to Mel B for all her help and ingenuity.

Randonneur - 2015-12-23 7:38 PM

Well, got everything back from JR Consultancy, took about 10 days, cost £142. Have sent everything to DVLA but don't expect to receive anything back for at least 2/3 weeks due to Christmas post and Holidays. What a nice man Mr Ruffles is and he has a great sounding name, it makes me smile everytime I say it. By the way the Tracker is 2007 with 10k miles on the clock, its been treated with great respect by the previous owner.

Many thanks to Mel B for all her help and ingenuity.

I'm pleased that you, and others, both on this forum and others have been able to benefit from my tenacious and undaunting research!!! At least people now know there is a cheaper alternative to SVTech! :-D

wints - 2015-12-07 3:29 PM

Yes..the Spice girl aka Mel B told me about JR Consultancy. Got our Hobby 725 uprated to 5 tonne.

It cost £142.

The guy at JR took about 3 weeks, I rang him after 2 weeks to check on progress, I think he'd forgotten..but was quick after the reminder.

All my paperwork (all copies except the amended section of the V5) has been with DVLA for 3 weeks.

Hope that helps.

regards

Allen

I don't think he'd have forgotten but probably been a bit inundated with people wanting to do it! :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Well done.

Advice for others considering the same.........try this first before parting with money.

Quote from earlier thread.

"When we bought our pre-used Motorhome we weren’t told and therefore weren’t aware it was on a Maxi chassis. I first noticed later when checking the tyres and wondering why they were 16” and not 15”.

A phone call to Autotrail quoting the build number resulted in a letter confirming the vehicle was supplied on the up-rated chassis. This was sent to the DVLA with our letter etc and the V5c came back as a PHG and not a PLG and shortly later a refund of the overpaid revenue.

So my costs were negligible. Therefore if you have a Motorhome that you believe has been down-rated or incorrectly registered in the 1st instance, see if you can get a supporting letter from the maker."

B-)

lancepar - 2016-01-09 12:12 PM

Well done.

Advice for others considering the same.........try this first before parting with money.

"When we bought our pre-used Motorhome we weren’t told and therefore weren’t aware it was on a Maxi chassis. I first noticed later when checking the tyres and wondering why they were 16” and not 15”.

A phone call to Autotrail quoting the build number resulted in a letter confirming the vehicle was supplied on the up-rated chassis. This was sent to the DVLA with our letter etc and the V5c came back as a PHG and not a PLG and shortly later a refund of the overpaid revenue.

So my costs were negligible. Therefore if you have a Motorhome that you believe has been down-rated or incorrectly registered in the 1st instance, see if you can get a supporting letter from the maker."

B-)

Spoke to Auto-trail prior to starting the process of uprating. For us it has been a very easy process with the help of Mel B.

yoko8pups - 2016-01-09 1:24 PM

Congratulations! You're lucky, mine was sent 2 December andwhen I rang on 7 Jan. to see what happened the papers, including the up plating certificate is lost in the post!

We thought we might have that problem with posting it during Christmas Post. They also posted the Weight Certificate separately, must be a different Department that issues the V5.

lancepar - 2016-01-09 12:12 PM

Well done.

B-)

Good advice however I tried in vain to get info from Globecar (Dethleffs) for mine, even the dealer I got it from tried several times, but Dethleffs won't provide any documentation hence why I had to go down the 'engineer' route.

Archived