Camping Village Panoramico,Fiesole,Florence

davidmac

Hi David

We are going to a wedding in Florence next June and have been looking for a local campsite.There seem to be two of which Camping Panoramica sounds the more attractive if Alan Rogers is to be believed but there is no mention of the distance to the city. The other site is Camping Internaziionale five miles south of Florence which is said to be suitable for visiting Florence rather than extended stay.

I shall be interested to hear the experience of others.

Bobalobs

Panoramico is about 5 km NE from the centre of Florence as the crow flies. GPS N43.80588 E11.30588 It is on the summit of a small hill, which may be beneficial in hot weather. Public transport reportedly within 0.5 km. Free WiFi. No individual wash-cabins. Hook-up limit reportedly 3A!

Just looked in ACSI, and see they don't have any sites in Italy. I must say I was a bit surprised at that.

Never been to Italy, so are there many sites there ?

I would like to go see |Rome/Venice, but as we don 't "do" big cities in van, think I would like to take fly to holiday Something for future planning

PJay

They do Pauline, and Panoramico is one of them - though it doesn't take the cards. :-) There are a lot that do, however, including Serenissima at Oriago, on the Brenta canal, about 11km from Venice as the crow flies, with a bus service to Venice from outside the gates (I know - we've been there quite a few times). Outside the card sites, there are many, many, more that can be found on the ACSI DVD.

Hi thanks for the replies,I had thought that more people would have visited Florence. Panoramico should be the ideal spot for us.At the moment the plan is to arrive on the Friday, I can then go to Mugello Saturday and Sunday on my scooter,its about 16 miles and if the campsite is o.k. the wife will be happy to potter about there and then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday go into Florence.Site run a free shuttle into the village and then catch bus into the city. Fees seem to work out at about £25 per night.We will find out what it's like come end of May

Regards David

David.All being well we will be in Florence early June so if you see a yellow Murvi give us a wave. Not surprised at the limited response as I posted a similar thread a few months ago with limited success apart from a couple of diehards.Ask about Spain and I suspect you would be swamped!

Bobalobs

Hi Bobalobs, raceday is 22nd May,then 3 days sightseeing in Florence so moving on about the 26th, whereto? to be decided.Before Florence a few nights at Sirminoe , Lindau before that so will probably miss you by a few days.

This is on the lines of what we planed to do a couple of years ago but things happened that made us change those plans , crossed fingers it will work out this time.

Regards David

• 6 months later...

Hi returned home just before the weekend,

The campsite is good .Parking is terraced high on a hill overlooking Florence with views of Florence from your m/h or the swimming pool terrace above. Free minibus into Fiesole from where you get the local bus(e4.70 for 2 return no7 San Marco, 5 min walk to cathedral)into Florence.

Regards David

Hi David.Thanks for the report. We came back from Florence on Saturday but despite all research six months ago due to family ties there was not enough time to drive out. Luckily my wifes sister subbed us for the flight and Hotel and glad we went even though you can get ten nights camping for the price of one night in the Hotel ! Very impressed by the city and its cleanliness compared to the UK. Would go again and would investigate the number of "overnight parking carparks" listed in the Camperstop Europebook.

Archived