Stolen Motorhome

manxli

pelmetman - 2016-01-19 12:53 PM

nowtelse2do - 2016-01-17 3:55 PM

At the moment there are 8 people that have been arrested. There are two scrapyards involved, one is in Blackburn and the other is, believe it or not about half a mile away from us.....if I look out of our bedroom window I can just see it. >:-(

Dave

They could probably see into your back garden and got scrapyard envy :D ........

Hell !! you frightened me then Dave, had to go out and check you hadn't left Fanny there. :D

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

The insurance company was excellent could not fault them they paid out within three weeks , including the replacement contents . We now have moved to a more secure site with CCTV etc

The police are still showing little interest with the information I have given them including the name of a suspect who works at one of the raided scrap yards .

tidesreach23 - 2016-02-01 9:32 PMThe insurance company was excellent could not fault them they paid out within three weeks , including the replacement contents . We now have moved to a more secure site with CCTV etc The police are still showing little interest with the information I have given them including the name of a suspect who works at one of the raided scrap yards .

Frustrating indeed....why not try a letter to the Chief Constable 'and' another to the Police Complaints Commission?  It might not have any effect on the investigation...or lack of but it will focus someone's attention, albeit for a little while, on public dissatisfaction with police non effectiveness.  Remember it's part of what you pay your taxes for....make the buggers do summat'

• 2 weeks later...
nowtelse2do - 2016-01-19 7:27 PM

Wirehaired - 2016-01-18 8:41 PM

I believe one of those scrap yards is in Bacup,its been in business for decades.

It is and it's Alf Kyme scrapyard. Alf died a few year ago, he was a bit of a rogue but always a fair bloke. He let you go in the yard and take part's of the scrap cars but there were some who stole off him. He knew who they were and when we were talking one day (He caught one stealing) he said, "yes I know Dave but when I collect their scrap cars, the price of scrap metal always drops dramatically".

Dave

The owners of Alf Kyme scrapyard have been released from their bail so no further action against them.

Dave

Travellers sites are like Embassies, the occupants have immunity from the law,the Police have no jurisdiction and are advised not to enter unless part of a large operation.

We had a twin axle Tow-a-van trailer stolen last year full of £1000s of personal belongings from when we moved, it was stolen from inside a friends factory and spotted at the local traveller site, one of the kids was riding round on a push bike out of the trailer and one lad had put a set of alloys taken from the trailer onto his car. The Police told me they had no proof that the travellers had stolen the items therefore no cause to go onto the site to question them.

Make of that what you like.

donna miller - 2016-02-11 7:32 PM

Travellers sites are like Embassies, the occupants have immunity from the law,the Police have no jurisdiction and are advised not to enter unless part of a large operation.

We had a twin axle Tow-a-van trailer stolen last year full of £1000s of personal belongings from when we moved, it was stolen from inside a friends factory and spotted at the local traveller site, one of the kids was riding round on a push bike out of the trailer and one lad had put a set of alloys taken from the trailer onto his car. The Police told me they had no proof that the travellers had stolen the items therefore no cause to go onto the site to question them.

Make of that what you like.

Back about 2 years ago a brand new BMW was stolen from a local dealers, it was seen in the local travellers site, police were advised and you can guess what......the police would not go in..... as you say the travellers have immunity from the law

We have had the same experience, re travellers sites.

had a horse box on a ford base stolen, police came round next day said they think they had found it and would we go and identify it. It was ours it had been pulled over and every thing of value had been stripped off it. Where was it? On some wasteland opposite the travellers site, 50yds away.

Would the police go in and make enquiries? I think you know the answer.

• 4 weeks later...
Had my MH stolen from "Secure storage" in Swindon, Ford Transit Tribute T625 KX62DNJ, noticed it had gone today (07/03/16) when I went to charge battery up after being away for 5 weeks, it was there 6 weeks ago so has disappeared in that time. have been on internet and noticed a lot of Tributes missing in the Wilts/Glos area.

Archived