Rear view camera no longer available

Thewad

Thanks for all for the help on the tick over problem, I thought I would 'test' you all again ;-)

Swift kontiki 645 2007 rear view camera not working.

Camera not working so I have assumed it's dead, screen in cab works ok and states no signal.

Fitted as std was a wysco obserview model cc-47 -L which is no longer available does anyone know of a direct replacement that will fit straight in, i have been told the mulit pin plug is an unusual connection.

Thanks in advance

I will post pic once I have resized

Mine is on the blink at the moment and will get a good dose of looking at after Xmas.

Mine has a 6 pin Din plug and socket arrangement and the new ones are all 4 pin. That means a cannot just fit a new camera or monitor to th existing setup. It all has to come out, including the wiring (which runs under the van).

Looking at websites, one supplier said that over 60% of the cameras and monitors returned to them as faulty, are actually working. Wiring faults are the most common problems ....... so start your investigation there.

Just before you totally condemn the camera - I had a similar problem with a Waeco rear view camera some years ago and I topo was convinced it was the camera but in the end it did turn out to be the screen and not the camera that was at fault and a new screen fixed it!

It might be just as easy to replace both camera and screen and with luck you might even be able to plug into the existing wiring but if not you might be able at least to use the old wiring to pull the new wiring through!

When our reversing camera needed replacing we contacted ParkingCameras.com and they sorted us out with a new one. The monitor was working fine but the LEDs weren't working correctly. We had a problem when the new camera arrived as the din plug was the same fitting as the monitor - female to female or male to male - can't remember which but we sent the camera back to them they altered the lead to fit to returned it to us. We found where the lead came in thru the rear bathroom over the top of a cupboard so using an extension piece we were able to re-connect the monitor so didn't have to re-wire the whole thing. It was a bit fiddly getting the new camera lead plug thru from the outside wall but managed it in the end with a piece of strong wire wrapped around the plug pulled in from the outer skin. If you telephone ParkingCameras they are very helpful.

Strange you mentioned above company as I did email them a while back, and as you say extremely helpful inc sending me pics in how to use existing wiring with new plug to a 'modern' camera but as usual busy life and never done anything about it shame not closer to me, I be there like a shot .

Archived