Norton 360 on automatic renewal.

Brian Kirby

If anyone else uses the above on automatic renewal, I strongly suggest you look at the product that you have, or on renewal will have, installed on your machines.

If your experience mirrors mine, it will say it is Norton 360, but you will find that the registry scan function has disappeared. The on-line back up facility (which I didn't use) appears unchanged. I had no notification of this reduction in scope of the product when invited to renew the subscription.

By chance I discovered that Norton 360 has now been withdrawn, and replaced by three versions of a product called Norton Security. The three versions, Standard, Deluxe, and Premium, are priced at £24.99 (1 device), 34.99 (5 devices) and 39.99 (10 devices) respectively and provide differing levels of protection. All are currently offered on discount by Norton. Depending on which of the features of Norton 360 you used and valued, any of these may suit your requirements, and should offer a substantial cost saving over whichever version of Norton 360 you originally subscribed to. Norton Security can also be installed on Android devices.

In my case, my Norton 360 was a three device version, whereas its equivalent in Norton Security is valid for 5 devices.

I therefore contacted Norton and took them to task for not advising of the devaluation of the product I was subscribing to, of its withdrawal, and of its replacement with cheaper products. The upshot is that I now have Norton Security Deluxe for 5 devices in lieu of 360 for 3 devices, at an annual cost of £34.99 in lieu of £64.99, plus a refund of £30.00. This was achieved with no argument, and I didn't have to ask for the refund, but it would have been much more agreeable not to have been left to stumble on the truth for myself.

So, if you have it, worth checking, I think, and contacting Norton if unhappy.

Well done Brian, that must be a good heads up for people who use Norton and a bit of Christmas bonus for you.

I did have to look twice at the thread subject though. I thought you'd gone back to your youth and bought a Norton 360cc 8-) which made me think.....Norton didn't make a 360cc that I can recall.

Dave

It was Honda that made the CB360. As with all the CB range, many parts were interchangeable. The CB360 was a sleeved version of the 400 Superdream engine c/w electric start.

I agree with the bit about not paying for PC security, if you have a Barclays account you get free internet security from Kapersky for PC, phone and tablet.

Oh and Merry Xmas to everyone from Negril Beach Jamaica.

Apologies to BK...slight highjack.

Donna, have you had any warnings about gang warfare out there. I was looking at visiting sometime in the future but heard that Jamaica is not one of the safest places to go to, i know there are worse places but it looks like it's getting out of hand. My son was going to go but decided he'd go to Cuba instead, said it was great. Will be picking him up on Tuesday am.

Dave

Dave,

If you are visiting the tourist areas then it's as safe as anywhere else as long as you are sensible. Places like Kingston are a lot better now than a few years ago but still a lot of no go areas.

We were in Negril and walked around during the day with no problems, Yes there are groups hanging around but don't seem to bother you, I probably wouldn't have done so at night though, same goes for walking the beach.

If your lad is going AI then those places are usually out of the way so not much to do outside the resort anyway.

Best advice I can give is not to wear jewellery and openly carry other flashy items, nearly everyone will openly offer you weed but a polite no thank you is all it takes. Use route taxis for cheap travel, they will have red plates and stick to set routes costing a couple of dollars.

We went to Cuba a couple of years ago, the two places are totally different so hard to compare, for the nervous types then Cuba is a better bet but the same rules apply there about being flash, there's a lot of poverty there as well.

Hi Donna.

Thanks for the reply, at the last contact with our son (he only contact's us when he starts feeling guilty) he said he was having a great time so he'll be telling us all about it on Tuesday i'm sure. He said there was a lot of poverty but the majority of people do seem happy and that they are glad that relations with the US are getting better.

We have...or should I say my wife's side have a family interest in Jamaica. One of her ancestors had a sugar plantation near Montego Bay during the late 1700's. His slaves took his surname becuse they didn't have one and which is still quite common in that area, hence our interest. It's not PC now to admit things like that, but you can't turn back history.

Cheers Dave.

Thanks Brian I'll keep,an eye on that one. I used to use Norton back up,but it's now so expensive I use Windows back up to two of those little stick things using alternate ones and storing them away from the main house. Works out a fraction of the price and if you use a fast port and a fast little stick it's much quicker.

Archived