Monsieur Skinflint goes South.......For free....

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2016-01-28 8:24 AM

Another sunny day in prospect B-) ........already paid the deposit for next year as the site is getting booked up 8-) .........

Hello Titus A'ducsas. You hoping to live until next year then.....or do you just love throwing your money around, Fanny will take care of that so don't worry :-D

When do you start back? It's cold, windy and pouring down here. It might be a good idea stopping off at the Jungle to warm up before crossing over, they've got some good fires going by burning down their shelters.

I think we might be over there next year for a couple of months or so. Will have to stop now and go pump out the cellar. 8-)

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2016-01-28 5:13 PM

I think we might be over there next year for a couple of months or so. Will have to stop now and go pump out the cellar. 8-)

Dave

Well if your thinking about Calpemar, your'd better get it booked ;-) .............All the large pitches have already gone, and not many small ones left apparently 8-) ......

pelmetman - 2016-01-29 8:12 AM

Dave

Well if your thinking about Calpemar, your'd better get it booked ;-) .............All the large pitches have already gone, and not many small ones left apparently 8-) ......

Book for next year! you have got to be joking. I don't know what I'm doing next week let alone next year. Ever tried being spontaneous? You might like it.

Guest pelmetman
starvin marvin - 2016-01-31 5:40 PM

pelmetman - 2016-01-29 8:12 AM

Dave

Book for next year! you have got to be joking. I don't know what I'm doing next week let alone next year. Ever tried being spontaneous? You might like it.

Spontaneous?........ like lets head to the UK next week? 8-) .........

Nah.....I have the rest of the year to be spontaneous ;-) ......

I reckon after nearly 25 years we have a fair idea of what floats our boat.........which does not include floating the camper in the UK :D .........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman
Yep its the one opposite PJ, they've topped out at 15 stories I think, its too dark to count them at the mo ;-) .......apparently the other one is going to be 30 8-) .........and I thought they'ed had a moratorium on building skyscrapers on the Costa's? :-S .........

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman

Having discovered the English butcher in Calpe who's meat pies are the match of any produced in Pie Central.....ie Louth, Lincolnshire ;-) ........

Normally we'd serve them with the basic frozen french fry from the onsite restaurant.......but being a Perfectionist and Pieoholic :D .........I have endevoured to produce a suitable quality chip to complement these pie's......Today I succeeded B-) ......

P1010423.JPG.308268504f3ba5c0e45cc19e9bfe20a3.JPG

Guest pelmetman

Just to add ;-) ......I have also managed the perfect Yorkshire pudding to go with our Sunday roast beef B-) .......

One just has to keep British traditions going even when among Johnny Foreigner :D ..........

pelmetman - 2016-03-10 3:40 PM

Just to add ;-) ......I have also managed the perfect Yorkshire pudding to go with our Sunday roast beef B-) .......

One just has to keep British traditions going even when among Johnny Foreigner :D ..........

No Bisto gravy , no Tetleys Smooth , no Sun newspaper on the side .... You ain't trying hard enough young un to keep those British traditions going ... Anyway ya live in Lincoln ya should be eating Polish food

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2016-03-10 5:21 PM

pelmetman - 2016-03-10 3:40 PM

No Bisto gravy , no Tetleys Smooth , no Sun newspaper on the side .... You ain't trying hard enough young un to keep those British traditions going ... Anyway ya live in Lincoln ya should be eating Polish food

It'll only be a matter of time Antony in the UK of the future 8-) ............and no doubt the Mrs will make a right mess of her burqa to...........where's the food hole in those things? :-S.......

Guest pelmetman

On our way home even though we haven't exchanged as the local searches are all up the creek, as every man and his dog is trying to complete by the end of March *-) ...........We're gonna be right pee'd off if it fall's through again at the last minute >:-( ..........

Anyway spent last night at Zaragoza.......what a dump and wifi not working *-) .........even had the nerve to charge 28.5€ 8-) .......need to find somewhere else to stop over.....any idea's folks? :-D ......

At least tonight has been a bonus......planned to stay at the aire in Dax by the lake, found it, nice aire but no room at the Inn *-) .......carried on North avoiding the N10 toll :D .......and found Le Galon at Castets....13€ in the ACIS but they only charged me 11.44€.......must be due to my good looks and charm B-) .......

pelmetman - 2016-03-20 7:37 PM

Anyway spent last night at Zaragoza.......what a dump and wifi not working *-) .........even had the nerve to charge 28.5€ 8-) .......need to find somewhere else to stop over.....any idea's folks? :-D ......

I've not tried this one but have heard it is generally fit for purpose but can be a bit noisy.

Safe stop over North West of Zaragoza,its a lorry park but the owner

has a motorhome and has set aside 30 places for motorhomes fully illuminated.Free to stay but €4 if you want hookup,water and waste dump free.Shop/bar

N 41 44 13 W001 03 55

This one we have used twice and is OK. Local police cars drove round when we were last there - dunno if that is a good or a bad thing but we slept OK and there were a few other vans there as well.

Paseo Duque de Alba, 50007 Zaragoza, Spain

GPS:

N 41.61973, W -0.90099

N 41°37'11", W 0°54'04"

Have to agree , The site at Zaragoza not very nice, but convenient as a night stop. Toilets etc could be a lot better, for the money they charge I believe it's a communal site . Have tried to find others sites , as area good for the Somport tunnel crossing, and good roads as well. All the books we have don't have any as convenient, and we don't really like aries

PJay

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2016-03-21 12:19 PM

pelmetman - 2016-03-20 7:37 PM

I've not tried this one but have heard it is generally fit for purpose but can be a bit noisy.

Safe stop over North West of Zaragoza,its a lorry park but the owner

has a motorhome and has set aside 30 places for motorhomes fully illuminated.Free to stay but €4 if you want hookup,water and waste dump free.Shop/bar

N 41 44 13 W001 03 55

This one we have used twice and is OK. Local police cars drove round when we were last there - dunno if that is a good or a bad thing but we slept OK and there were a few other vans there as well.

Paseo Duque de Alba, 50007 Zaragoza, Spain

GPS:

N 41.61973, W -0.90099

N 41°37'11", W 0°54'04"

Thanks Rich I'll have a google at them ;-) ...........currently at Citi de Europe for the night........so far only been bothered by one migrant outside Lidil who wanted to use my phone *-) ........You'd think they'd wise up and know us Lidil customers are cheapskates :D .........

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2016-03-21 4:02 PM

Have to agree , The site at Zaragoza not very nice, but convenient as a night stop. Toilets etc could be a lot better, for the money they charge I believe it's a communal site . Have tried to find others sites , as area good for the Somport tunnel crossing, and good roads as well. All the books we have don't have any as convenient, and we don't really like aries

PJay

Yes its convenient ........which is why they stitch us up *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2016-03-21 4:02 PM

PJay

Yes its convenient ........which is why they stitch us up *-) .........

Archived