ADAC Plus & Travel Insurance.

Ninian

Hi All, I am currently planning this years trip and intend going for 4 months as usual France, Spain etc. Now that I have crossed the threshold of 66 and me other half will be 65 I am finding it difficult to get travel insurance for my duration. Although my ADAC Plus has the fringe benefits of medical cover I always took out an additional policy as a bonus. What do other people do in my situation that have the ADAC cover, do you rely on that or have you cover from someone else. We do have the E111 for any minor issues.

Thanks.

I have ADAC Plus and although I like the recovery part, I did recognise that the medical cover offered is rather basic. As I also have medication I felt it wiser to ge back up from a stand alone medical policy. I currently use Saga which costs about £330 for annual cover for my wife and myself with unlimited trips. This is specific for my medication so ensures that i get what I hope I never need. We are also both over the 65 age threshold.

I will shop around this year as the Caravan Club also offers similar annual policies and will look at the various costs.We are also cutting back on the number of trips for other reasons and it may be that 2 single trip policies will do just as well, and be much cheaper.

All I can suggest is to decide what length of cover you need for the trips you are planning and get quotes from the various suppliers before making a choice. As mentioned ADAC do offer a separate medical cover which may meet your needs.

My wife and I are over 75 and have had several Travel ins policies over the years, at the moment we are with the C,Club, £300,00 per year for the 2 of us, next year we require more than 66 days at one time so we are taking out Nationwide flex plus,that covers longer all you do is price it in days away at one time,

Archived