Motorhome Parking POI set

GJH

I haven't been on here for more than 2 years but received a PM this evening so, seeing as how I had to sign on to read it, I thought I may as well mention that I have republished my Motorhome Parking POI set.

Hopefully the plagiarists will have been deterred. If that is a vain hope then publication will cease again and I will take all legal action available in order to obtain damages for breach of copyright.

The POI set has been completely revised as part of this process.

The original set contained some entries which, with the benefit of hindsight, were only suitable for smaller motorhomes and camper vans. The new set has been designed (hopefully successfully) to include only parking places suitable for vehicles of up to about 25 feet long and up to 3.5 tonnes in weight. There will be many more places where smaller vehicles can be parked (especially if they fit into a single standard sized bay) but there are very few places within the new set which will cater for larger vehicles like American RVs.

In addition there were some places which (again with the benefit of hindsight) were dubious because they depended on personal opinion such as advice to overhang plant beds (ignoring the fact that plants grow), the mere absence of a height barrier in a relatively small car park or "attendants may allow it" which could be very hit and miss. Such places have been removed.

The original set also contained some supermarket car parks. They have all been removed as POIs for them are available from the supermarket companies themselves which ensure they are kept up to date. Also, some car parks have simply ceased to exist or have had height restrictions added because of abuse.

On the other hand, as a result of continued research (as opposed to simply waiting for people to suggest places), it has been possible to add several hundred extra sites. These have come not only from local authorities but the likes of National Parks, Water Companies, Forestry Commissions and various other bodies.

There are currently 2201 POIs in the set (with more pending awaiting confirmation). That, I suppose, isn't bad for a "one-man band website" which "is not particularly user-friendly". Perhaps I should concentrate on that aspect and reduce the POI set to a merely "massive" less than 700 *-) (lol)

See you in another couple of years maybe :-)

Graham

www.motorhomeparking.co.uk

Thanks for the 3 responses.

As to the yobs, Colin, having seen some of the ignorant rubbish posted about Seaford I think I will not be visiting here all that often I'm afraid :-)

It always amazes me why some people think they can interpret the law to suit their own lack of knowledge.

Graham

..it would be a pity if you didn't drop in from time to time, Graham, whether or not you continue to maintain your most useful data.

Though I'm inclined to interpret where I'm not wanted and act accordingly (properly legislated for or not), I'm afraid there will always be (un)balanced debate on the parking issue, and the associated legislation.

TBH, whilst I've already stated my views on the matter above, I can't help but have a little sympathy for the opposite view when you find such things as the following (attached) in the local council minutes.

It does tend to lead to questions on the enforceability of the various signed restrictions. ;-)

Seaford.JPG.99645bfce1ac97ded5227c5c7fa7340a.JPG

Archived