TABLE IN BAR VERSION HYMER

mansell

Hi, our table with the round end that pulls out is held tight [or should be ] by 2 springs, which are now weak, has anyone had the same problem and resolved it, Hymer say the springs cannot be bought separately. The second thing is the useless small shelf above the the hob, dispite all sorts of trials we have found nothing that fits, just wondered if anyone had modified same. Any ideas welcome. KEEP TRYING IT WILL HAPPEN.

[QUOTE]mansell - 2006-11-14 8:38 AM Hi, our table with the round end that pulls out is held tight [or should be ] by 2 springs, which are now weak, has anyone had the same problem and resolved it, Hymer say the springs cannot be bought separately. The second thing is the useless small shelf above the the hob, dispite all sorts of trials we have found nothing that fits, just wondered if anyone had modified same. Any ideas welcome. KEEP TRYING IT WILL HAPPEN.[/QUOTE] Barrie, There's a Hymer site on Yahoo at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/myhymer/ you might get some answers there as it's solely Hymers. You do have to join Yahoo to become a member though. Don

We have a Hymer 640 Starline with the pull out table end. No problems with the springs as yet but as there are only two of us it doesn’t get used much. I’m not surprised that Hymer don’t sell them separately. They are very good at building MH’s but even better at charging, at least the British outlet is. I think I would measure the springs carefully and then search the net, Hymer must buy them somewhere as they don’t make them themselves Regards Mike W

Hi when I bought my Hymer the table flap had been removed ,I was able to get the flap from the previous owner who still had it in his garage ,but not the mechanism that operates it.I got in contact with Peter Hambilton in Blackpool who are Hymer wiz kids and he searched his garages for a mechanism and found a used one [They do all sorts of modifications on Hymers there ] and they sent me the kit very cheaply.My point is if you contacted them Im sure they would get the springs you want for you . 01772315078 is their number ,good luck Malc. *-) *-) *-)

Archived